Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-05-2024, 09:56 AM
 
Location: SoFlo
629 posts, read 401,350 times
Reputation: 1295

Advertisements

Overall, white women have benefited disproportionally from corporate DEI efforts.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michell...h=69485cf96c7e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
were

Corrie, your question in the first post is an excellent one, and well said. Sums up the issues with DEI.

Problem is I'm afraid, the DEI proponents will never acknowledge the truth of it even as they continue to revise history to suit their agenda, and continue to work to deny, marginalize, or even cancel the descendents of those they believe were responsible, or contributory in any way to the wrongs of the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2024, 10:11 AM
 
1,215 posts, read 504,710 times
Reputation: 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
It’s interesting that they don’t get rid of legacies. If you have a relative that attended the university when it was segregated, you can get in over other more qualified applicants. The same skin color over merit argument.
What % are legacies that have bad test scores and grades, provide proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2024, 10:13 AM
 
1,215 posts, read 504,710 times
Reputation: 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Overall, white women have benefited disproportionally from corporate DEI efforts.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michell...h=69485cf96c7e
Yes gender discrimination against white males is wrong, I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2024, 10:20 AM
 
Location: SoFlo
629 posts, read 401,350 times
Reputation: 1295
Not sure if this is an innocent question, but George W. Bush quickly comes to mind:

Yale, like Andover, gave a helping hand to alumni sons in the admission process—far more than now—and it seems unlikely that Bush would have been admitted into Yale otherwise.

https://www.presidentprofiles.com/Ke...-and-yale.html
https://www.quora.com/How-did-George...-get-into-Yale

Not quite legacies per say, but the link below should also shed light on college admissions cheating and how big of business it is/was...spoiler, I don't think many infractions were committed by the "The Blacks."

Thirty-three parents of college applicants were accused of paying more than $25 million between 2011 and 2018 to William Rick Singer, organizer of the scheme, who used part of the money to fraudulently inflate entrance exam test scores and bribe college officials.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varsity_Blues_scandal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
What % are legacies that have bad test scores and grades, provide proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2024, 10:48 AM
 
1,215 posts, read 504,710 times
Reputation: 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Not sure if this is an innocent question, but George W. Bush quickly comes to mind:

Yale, like Andover, gave a helping hand to alumni sons in the admission process—far more than now—and it seems unlikely that Bush would have been admitted into Yale otherwise.

https://www.presidentprofiles.com/Ke...-and-yale.html
https://www.quora.com/How-did-George...-get-into-Yale

Not quite legacies per say, but the link below should also shed light on college admissions cheating and how big of business it is/was...spoiler, I don't think many infractions were committed by the "The Blacks."

Thirty-three parents of college applicants were accused of paying more than $25 million between 2011 and 2018 to William Rick Singer, organizer of the scheme, who used part of the money to fraudulently inflate entrance exam test scores and bribe college officials.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varsity_Blues_scandal
Yale and Andover (what's that a HS) isn't UF and that has nothing to do mass discrimination across all institutions and large corporations against hetersexual white males.

Again what % of the students at UF are "legacies" who would have not gotten in on their own merit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2024, 11:33 AM
 
Location: SoFlo
629 posts, read 401,350 times
Reputation: 1295
So because it wasn't an article about UF it invalidates a textbook example of legacy admission? Yeah you're trying way too hard to discredit someone's point. Yale > UF

Who the hell would need legacy admission to get into a state school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Yale and Andover (what's that a HS) isn't UF and that has nothing to do mass discrimination across all institutions and large corporations against hetersexual white males.

Again what % of the students at UF are "legacies" who would have not gotten in on their own merit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2024, 12:10 PM
 
490 posts, read 517,248 times
Reputation: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
What % are legacies that have bad test scores and grades, provide proof.
Legacies have lower entry requirements, and that’s all you need to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2024, 12:11 PM
 
490 posts, read 517,248 times
Reputation: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Yale and Andover (what's that a HS) isn't UF and that has nothing to do mass discrimination across all institutions and large corporations against hetersexual white males.

Again what % of the students at UF are "legacies" who would have not gotten in on their own merit.
There is more discrimination against Asian males.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2024, 12:25 PM
 
490 posts, read 517,248 times
Reputation: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Yes gender discrimination against white males is wrong, I agree.
The State of FL is 52% non-Hispanic white, 26% Hispanic, 15% black, 3% Asian, 49% male, 51% female

The University of FL is 56% non-Hispanic white, 21% Hispanic, 6% black, 9% Asian, 44% male, 56% female

So much discrimination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2024, 12:47 PM
 
18,430 posts, read 8,262,327 times
Reputation: 13761
Florida Colleges Ranked by Highest Percent of Black Students

https://www.collegesimply.com/colleg...state/florida/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top