Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2024, 12:55 PM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
There is more discrimination against Asian males.
That's likely true at some U's. Relative to hiring practices no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2024, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Legacies have lower entry requirements, and that’s all you need to know.
Link?

Old 03-05-2024, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
So because it wasn't an article about UF it invalidates a textbook example of legacy admission? Yeah you're trying way too hard to discredit someone's point. Yale > UF

Who the hell would need legacy admission to get into a state school?
So your argument is legacy admissions exist, we have no idea where, what the test scores are, or how many.
And we think those legacies are evil whites. Therefore mass discrimination against heterosexual white males must occur, who otherwise would be admitted, or something like that. The non meritorious admissions are like one million to 1 legacy.

Can a white person get preferential treatment in China, Pakistan, India, some African country? Do they have set asides there? We all know what this is DEI is just more cultural marxism.
White heterosexual male = evil oppressor must be eliminated.

Anything that isn't the above gets some sort of special treatment based on their oppression meter.
It's absolute garbage.

Old 03-05-2024, 01:22 PM

490 posts, read 516,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Link?
UF has made some changes that I did not know about.

https://admissionbydesign.com/resour...cts-and-myths/

This is unacceptable as in-state students support the university with their tax dollars.

3. “Getting into UF is more difficult for out-of-state students.”
Nope. We have absolutely no preference for in-state vs. out-of-state students. The percentage of out-of-state students in the freshman class has been 15 to 17% over the last few years, which aligns with the rate of out-of-state applications received (vs. in-state).

Ron should be focusing on this as it’s an 80/20 issue vs a 50/50 one.

Old 03-05-2024, 01:53 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Again what % of the students at UF are "legacies" who would have not gotten in on their own merit.
looks like it's zero....at least that's what they say

5. “Since my family members are UF graduates, I have a better chance of being admitted.”

”While we admire that you want to continue the Gator legacy in your family, UF does not consider alumni relations in the admissions process.”

Old 03-05-2024, 01:57 PM

Quote:
UF has made some changes that I did not know about.

This is unacceptable as in-state students support the university with their tax dollars.

3. “Getting into UF is more difficult for out-of-state students.”
Nope. We have absolutely no preference for in-state vs. out-of-state students. The percentage of out-of-state students in the freshman class has been 15 to 17% over the last few years, which aligns with the rate of out-of-state applications received (vs. in-state).

Ron should be focusing on this as it’s an 80/20 issue vs a 50/50 one.
Thanks for that Firm. Impressed with UF in state admissions, considering some state U's inflate their out of state admissions because they can charge double the tuition. As an example 1/2 of Bama undergrads are out of state. Out of state and foreign admissions is another form of discrimination, state u gets more $$$.

5. “Since my family members are UF graduates, I have a better chance of being admitted.”
While we admire that you want to continue the Gator legacy in your family, UF does not consider alumni relations in the admissions process.

2. “UF’s recalculated GPA is what really matters.”
Not quite. The recalculated GPA is an important part of our review process, but we have a holistic review process in order to learn about all aspects of a student. We understand that who you are is more than your GPA.

Such as race, gender, ethnicity, maybe sexual orientation?

Old 03-05-2024, 01:59 PM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Thanks for that Firm. Impressed with UF in state admissions, considering some state U's inflate their out of state admissions because they can charge double the tuition. As an example 1/2 of Bama undergrads are out of state. Out of state and foreign admissions is another form of discrimination, state u gets more $$$.

While we admire that you want to continue the Gator legacy in your family, UF does not consider alumni relations in the admissions process.

2. “UF’s recalculated GPA is what really matters.”
Not quite. The recalculated GPA is an important part of our review process, but we have a holistic review process in order to learn about all aspects of a student. We understand that who you are is more than your GPA.

Such as race, gender, ethnicity, maybe sexual orientation?
They'll need to remove that last bit. All those aspects of a student are no longer allowed to be considered.

Old 03-05-2024, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
They'll need to remove that last bit. All those aspects of a student are no longer allowed to be considered.
You are wrong.

UF said they are eliminating their DEI dept. They didn't say they were removing DEI relative to admissions or hiring practices. Nowhere in the article is it mentioned that racial discrimination will be eliminated. And further it looks like they are just going to try to rehire them and give them comfy salaries doing whatever. It's a retarded scam using tax payer $$$.

"University of Florida officials added that employees whose positions have been eliminated will receive twelve weeks of pay and can apply for a new job at the school in the meantime.

“HR will work to fast-track the interview process and provide an answer on all applications within the twelve-week window,” the email read.

Moreover, “the Office of the Chief Financial Officer will reallocate the approximately $5 million in funds,” previously used for DEI-related expenses, “into a faculty recruitment fund to be administered by the Office of the Provost,” the email added."

Old 03-05-2024, 03:08 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
University of Florida has fired all of its employees related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
You are getting rid of the cream of the crop of University faculty and administrators </sarcasm>

Quote:
It’s interesting that they don’t get rid of legacies. If you have a relative that attended the university when it was segregated, you can get in over other more qualified applicants. The same skin color over merit argument.
Here goes with my (limited) defense of legacies, and this is personal. One of my work colleagues went to Brown, as did his wife, at least one of her parents, their daughter and their younger son. They likely think of themselves as a "Brown family" and likely donate accordingly though I don't ask.

My father, and my wife's uncle on her father's side and her paternal grandfather graduated Cornell. My wife's uncle and paternal grandparents also graduated Cornell Medical School Her great-aunt on her mother's side went to Cornell. Neither of our sons did, since they wanted different educations. Still, when I was set up on my "blind date" with my wife in January 1990, the pedigree made some impression. We are a "Cornell" family in that we don't donate to Tulane, her Alma Mater, or Boston University or NYU, our respective graduate alma maters. The reality is that schools have to appease their donor base.

Old 03-05-2024, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSheepleWillHaveTheirSa View Post
If the DIE crowd had their way, that non-Hispanic white number will be down to 10% within the next decade.
Duh.
It would be zero, which Rothchild stooge Kalergi suggested 100 years ago. The total elimination of the white race (moreso NW Euro race) or more recently,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiQv-19e0zQ

This clown Stessl says the whole world will mix up. What he really means he wants the whole world to mix up in Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida