Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 02:19 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,157,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofFlorida View Post
So, what are the hospitals supposed to do with the homeless they have treated on an inpatient basis, once these people are ready to be discharged? Discharge them back to the streets? Prolonging a person's hospital stay after he/she is ready for discharge will only back up the hospital's facilities, making them unavailable to others who need them. The overcrowding of hospitals, healthcare facilities in Florida is already a huge problem thanks to the influx of transplants from other states, and its exacerbated during snowbird season with the onslaught of seasonal visitors. I can only imagine the added effect of being required to keep homeless inpatients until a destination to their liking can be located would have on the already overwhemed healthcare systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2024, 11:50 PM

729 posts, read 1,301,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So, what are the hospitals supposed to do with the homeless they have treated on an inpatient basis, once these people are ready to be discharged? Discharge them back to the streets? Prolonging a person's hospital stay after he/she is ready for discharge will only back up the hospital's facilities, making them unavailable to others who need them. The overcrowding of hospitals, healthcare facilities in Florida is already a huge problem thanks to the influx of transplants from other states, and its exacerbated during snowbird season with the onslaught of seasonal visitors. I can only imagine the added effect of being required to keep homeless inpatients until a destination to their liking can be located would have on the already overwhemed healthcare systems.
Did you read the article? The facilities are ubering them to Lakeland from other cities all across the state. That's the bigger issue.

Old 03-13-2024, 11:04 PM

835 posts, read 477,892 times
Quote:
True enough.. So are solutions to homelessness that solve all the issues even possible? I have to admit I don't know....
It’s probably easier for the state to deal with issues, regarding homeless, one at a time, rather than multitasking.

Old 03-15-2024, 08:29 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Most homeless people could go to existing shelters, but they can’t, or wont, conform to the rules for staying there.

If they are either addicted or mentally ill, there is no place for them to go. This is thanks to the liberals who were afraid that institutionalizing the mentally ill was a violation of their civil rights. How’s it working?
Maybe there is shelter space where you live but not so much in other places...In Sacramento there are 9,200 homeless people and 2,600 shelter beds

Old 03-15-2024, 08:48 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Maybe there is shelter space where you live but not so much in other places...In Sacramento there are 9,200 homeless people and 2,600 shelter beds
California embraces homeless culture and enables the toxic addictions that fuel their homelessness and mental disorders. Not to mention the countless amounts of cash they throw into these homeless programs that just end up going to pensions and unions. It's no surprise.

Old 03-15-2024, 04:43 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
California embraces homeless culture and enables the toxic addictions that fuel their homelessness and mental disorders. Not to mention the countless amounts of cash they throw into these homeless programs that just end up going to pensions and unions. It's no surprise.
Speak for yourself,,I for one do NOT embrace the homeless and drug culture,,,I live in California and I will admit I don’t know the solution. At one time Newscum had a tolerable solution but somehow it got done away with.

Old 03-16-2024, 07:28 AM

1,066 posts, read 767,269 times
Quote:
Your comments are reminiscent of the old saying about how personal attacks, or aspersions made against others indicates only that you have no valid response or argument against what those people have said.

You have to do better than that if you're casting such aspersions on others who make comments you don't like, otherwise it just looks like projection.

Well, come to think of it........
This ^^^

Old 03-19-2024, 12:43 PM

4,480 posts, read 3,855,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Speak for yourself,,I for one do NOT embrace the homeless and drug culture,,,I live in California and I will admit I don’t know the solution. At one time Newscum had a tolerable solution but somehow it got done away with.
I just spent 2 weeks in SoCal and drove all around from Chino to Malibu and back. The homeless situation at least in that area has greatly improved from last year when I was last there.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:11 AM

22 posts, read 4,166 times
Classic Florida: "Let’s pass a draconian policy but not actually fund the enforcement of said policy, and instead pawn the responsibility off on local government."

If the state thinks it's such a problem, they should fund the solution.

Old 03-26-2024, 09:00 AM

3,439 posts, read 2,417,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm-1995 View Post
Classic Florida: "Let’s pass a draconian policy but not actually fund the enforcement of said policy, and instead pawn the responsibility off on local government."

If the state thinks it's such a problem, they should fund the solution.
But then they'd have to use all that massive surplus money the governor keeps boasting about, instead of wasting it on busing Texas immigrants to Martha's Vineyard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida