Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 05:22 PM

321 posts, read 164,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I definitely noticed some racial tension when I visited certain parts of the country, particularly during a recent visit to Cumberland County, TN. I wasn't treated badly at all, nor was there anything remotely close to what the media might portray, but it was quite apparent that many were thinking "what's he doing here, and when is he leaving?" kind of stuff. Heard a few mutters when I visited a popular bar one night. Again, nothing offensive, but stuff along the lines of "the blacks are visiting."

The media would have you think I should have been chased by confederate flag-bearing angry robed rebels holding rifles and shotguns in pickup trucks.
Well I'm not black, but I'm very brown, maybe "they" hate black people more than brown people (even though it's brown people on the news mostly these days)... certainly possible. Or maybe ignorance is bliss and I just don't notice the tension or maybe I just attribute it to something other than race.

If I walk into a bar in some small town in the middle of nowhere I would certainly expect people to think it's weird... after all it's a small bar in the middle of nowhere... they probably have 5 locals who come in everyday and they know all their customers... so I would expect them to think who the hell is THAT guy? I would expect this anywhere... of course most of the liberal/left places I have been to are big cities. I would not expect that in a big city because most places are use to a million different people coming in everyday.

I'm not quite sure what kind of town Cumberland County, TN is but I'm guessing it's not a big city or major tourist spot. Never been so can't comment directly. I've been to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, been to Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis... can't say I ever experienced anything like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2024, 06:13 PM

18,935 posts, read 8,571,888 times
republicans are not leaving Florida....if they are it's not showing up in the numbers...there has been no decrease in registered republicans

....registered democrats however.....in the past 3 years the amount of registered democrats in Florida went down 1 million

while at the same time...the population of Florida has increased 1 million

maybe getting rid of 1 million loser democrats helped Florida's GDP growth rate....LOL

Old 05-17-2024, 07:41 PM

6,221 posts, read 3,923,907 times
All I can say is "Look at the post count of the fake posters posting in this thread". They usually have fewer than 25 posts and usually their account was established in just the past few days, but there are exceptions on that.

There is a small number of people with tiny brains who get their jollies by posting inflammatory comments intended to rile up other people. Sometimes they even make their brand-new board name very similar to some other poster who has been around for several years.

Don't fall for their trolling. They're simply getting their jollies by fooling people into responding to their inflammatory garbage. Just hit the button on the post and report it to a monitor. Don't waste your time feeding the trolls.

Old 05-17-2024, 07:45 PM

17,622 posts, read 39,380,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
All I can say is "Look at the post count of the fake posters posting in this thread". They usually have fewer than 25 posts and their account was established in just the past few days.

There is a small number of people with tiny brains who get their jollies by posting inflammatory comments intended to rile up other people. Sometimes they even make their brand-new board name very similar to some other poster who has been around for several years.

Don't fall for their trolling. They're simply getting their jollies by fooling people into responding to their inflammatory garbage. Just hit the button on the post and report it to a monitor. Don't waste your time feeding the trolls.

This ^^^^!

Old 05-17-2024, 10:02 PM

20,319 posts, read 21,166,511 times
LolxInfinity @ this thread.
Florida is booooommmming and republicans are rolling in like oranges(pun intended) every single day, all escaping from blue states/cities.
Florida definitely isn’t the land of cheap anymore, but for now it’s still a bargain compared to some of these over taxed and regulated blue states like NY, NJ, etc…
Lol just too funny.

Old 05-18-2024, 06:34 AM

15,192 posts, read 12,367,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Am I an anomoly? An outlier?
That's the new "wannabee you" troll, looks like. I figure he/she/it will be disappeared soon enough.

Oldest adolescent trick in the public forum side of the cyberworld, they think they're funny...

Old 05-18-2024, 09:55 AM

15,192 posts, read 12,367,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetYourIntention View Post
Yes, too many Boomers here that don't live in reality. I can't say I'll miss you. Try not to get shot while you are out and about.
LOL, after 47 years of varied experiences working, raising a family, traveling throughout the Sunshine State, interacting with people that I've met, had relationships of one type or another over those years, living with and watching the politics, history and evolution of the state I now call home ( warts and all) , I'd say my perspective on things here is about as real as it gets.

I'm not particularly worried about getting shot here. OTOH, if I were to visit Chicago, Philadelphia, NYC or DC, that would be a different story.

Anyway, you hate Florida that much, your psyche would be better off if you hastened your departure to ASAP.
Buh-bye.

Old 05-18-2024, 11:29 PM

5,377 posts, read 4,497,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Our property is well inland (Lakeland) and even though 1975 construction, full coverage is less than $2,000 per year. So not everyone is paying through the nose. I have to agree that if someone's coverage goes up by $2,500 every single damn year) there is something really off. I don't know ANYONE paying that kind of coverage unless it is a multimillion dollar mansion.
Well, we all know that's not the case.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 05-19-2024, 07:59 AM

26,447 posts, read 13,321,307 times
"Republicans fleeing Florida due to costs, political culture"

^^^ This is a true statement, but the rest of the story is that 1,000,000 more moved in, than moved out.

Old 05-21-2024, 12:01 PM

4,373 posts, read 6,349,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Very interesting article featuring Republicans who are leaving due to COL in Florida, but also the "anger" and "in your face political culture" in Florida. These are Republicans who don't want politics to be the center of life; it does feel that way in Florida. There is also a mention of lack of/substandard health care, which has been discussed on this board.

I'm always amazed at how people characterize the weather in Florida as "beautiful". How being greasy and sweaty for 8 months of the year is considered beautiful I will never understand.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rcna142316
Funny how Republicans do not want to fund healthcare, except when it comes to their personal well-being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida