U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 08:04 AM

191 posts, read 609,027 times

Advertisements

I lived in Palm Coast for 2 years and let me tell you. As far as crime i didn't see much but like anywhere else im sure it happens.. The state is 16% unemployment worst in the state. There is alot of people from up north there which isn't a problem with me. Jobs are non-existant in town and if they are it's minimun wage. Personally i did not enjoy my time there. Everyone has different situations and what there looking for so no one can really say this isn't the place for you. It is Florida but it is very secluded and there really isn't much to do. People work in surrounding areas i suppose and live in Pc which could save money but when you add the travel it's the same thing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 09:37 PM

226 posts, read 824,867 times
"People work in surrounding areas i suppose and live in Pc which could save money but when you add the travel it's the same thing."

Depends on how much you make and type of car you drive as to whether it's worth the $$. For me, it's well worth it. Some jobs in PC do pay decently (over minimum wage) but you're right there's plenty that don't. A lot depends on your jobs skills and it's very true we have the highest unemployment.

Not sure if I would consider Palm Coast secluded anymore. We have plenty of name brand stores and a 14 screen movie theater will be opening later this year. While things aren't perfect here (no place is) it's a pretty decent place to live depending on your likes and dislikes.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,168 times
Palm Coast may be beautiful, but there is extremely rude individual who live here.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:58 PM

155 posts, read 329,576 times
Welcome to Palm Coast, New Jersey and the wonderfulness that brings!

Old 10-15-2010, 08:31 AM

155 posts, read 329,576 times
We have close to 17% unemployment here and it's not cyclical, it's structural. We have a lot of unemployed contruction workers from the building boom still hanging on here. To compound that, the low rents have been attracting folks with low incomes. There are jobs, buy not here. It's necessary to commute to the Jax area to work but you have to have marketable skills that fit in the contemporary economy. Far too many folks with time to kill here and I don't mean the retired who the community was originally built for. The positives are low rent, but that attracts low income types. Also, cheap gym memberships but the gyms are full of folks with nothing to do, so they hang out and clog up the gyms. Lots of cheap alkie bars but no good restaurants. Houligan's is the only ok sports bar around. The other's are dives like McCharacters and McHenry's, the second one mentioned actually allows smoking even though they sell food. Both are less than family oriented. We got a Ruby's but it's the worst one I've been to. There is just nothing here but, no traffic to speak of! Anyone want to by a house?

Old 02-15-2012, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,451 times
Default Moving to Palm Coast a good idea in 2012?

My husband and I are both early retirees i'm 48, he's 50. We would like to purchase a retirement home in PC, because prices seem good, but will be living between NYC and Florida helping our daughter/son-in-law raise our grandson, while they both work. Trying to decide between a private community and/or a gated community. We've visited PC several times and like the look and feel of the town. Any suggestions on good safe areas to purchase in, as we won't be there often? Want a family area, where our kids and grandkids can come and visit with us during the summer and won't feel ancient.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:06 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,006,655 times
Don't know what you mean by private v. gated community or your price range, but Grand Haven seems to meet your needs. It's not far from the beach or Wadsworth Park.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,207 times
Default Palm Coast

We recently moved back to Palm Coast after being away for four years. I am looking for a really good hairdresser. I say really good because my hair needs a lot of help and I need to go to someone that is recognized as a great stylist. Can you recommend anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida