Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:18 PM

40 posts, read 170,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matiros View Post
I have Sunshine State Insurance, after pricing around they were by far the cheapest. It is worth calling around to find the best price... it can vary widely.

Sections in Palm Coast? There are some gated communities that are very nice, Grand Haven being one. Palm Coast is divided into separate communities, Z, U, S, L, R, P, LL, B, F, and others. Depending what you are looking for. There are some homes on Salt Water Canals, that are nice if you are a boater. There are some lots and homes on Golf Courses.. there are fresh water canals, that make a pretty boundary. I have heard that the B section has a lot of younger families with children. I live in the E section, which is also known as Cypress Knoll, and find this more to my senior life style.

If you have never been to Palm Coast, you should probably come and check it out...you will never find a better time!
Thank you, Matiros...I live in Grand Haven in the newer section and it really is very nice, very family oriented unlike some gated communities.
And to add to your recommendation on insurance companies that are more reasonable, Accord Insurance at Suntrust Building seems better than the others when StateFarm dropped my house at Grand Haven, I got a very reasonable rate from them. Look for Lex, she's super!
And the "E" section is very nice too, high end community. I happen to own a duplex there and it's very well maintained by tenants. Thank God!

Last edited by nene39; 10-10-2008 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Recommending another insurance company that I just did business with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 04:21 PM

40 posts, read 170,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaglerwrangler View Post
Rivergate is also a very nice small gated community with a community pool and reasonable resale home prices.
so it is, so it is...how much is homeowner's maintenance fee there anyway? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:35 PM

147 posts, read 568,654 times
lawn care is $100 a month and annual HOA was $503 in '08.
Tim Kennelly at Prudential Warren R.E. has a good knowledge of the development.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:26 PM

155 posts, read 349,003 times
Default Is it wise to buy in Palm Coast?

After living in Palm Coast for a year, we're thinking about buying here. I have a guaranteed income and employment so, my situation is a bit different than a lot of folks here. We're still not sold on the area due to the number of vacant homes, foreclosures and short sales in the area. We have visited some of the short sale homes and foreclosures. Some of the former occupants have either destroyed the homes interiors and pools or have stayed on as squatters. On one hand, it makes buying affordable on the other, i have to wonder if I could ever sell the home later. I asked this question on the Flagler Forum and the webmaster pulled it. It seems its politically incorrect in Palm Coast. Does any one have any thoughts on the wisdom of buying in Palm Coast?

Old 10-28-2008, 01:15 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,535 times
Hi All. I just moved to Palm Coast a few months ago with my family. Our old house is almost sold and we're getting ready to buy in Palm Coast. I'd really like to buy in the W section, but it looks like we'd get more for our money in other sections. I read about some gang activity in the P section and someone told me that there's a good and bad P section. Can you tell me what part of the P section would be best for a family? I see some good deals there.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:55 PM

93 posts, read 371,003 times
As a long time resident and having seen the growth of PC, I think you'll be safe in purchasing here. Homes have been selling very fast especially the lower priced homes for first time buyers or investors. Check out gotoby.com for additional info on all the different areas. He also has info on all the homes sold and how many for the past year or so. With the commercial business' now here and more on the way, I believe as time goes by prices will rise, just at a more reasonable slower rate not like the craziness we had. With our lower property taxes and decent sized lots, I believe that would also make our area more desireable. From what I've heard we've already hit bottom here. Sheepie2000...in regards to the P section I would drive all around that section first and take a real good look at it. We have way too many areas that don't have the problems they have.

With Palm Coast Data planning on hiring approx 600+ additional employees, that will be a big boost for our area. With Flagler County being right on the coast and the great weather, I believe Palm Coast area will be good for rentals or purchase of homes, at least IMO.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:36 AM

147 posts, read 568,654 times
The new Rivergate development in the R section is a wonderful place to live. Big community pool and a nice community. Quite a few reasonably priced resales are available there.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:53 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by season10 View Post
On one hand, it makes buying affordable on the other, i have to wonder if I could ever sell the home later.
It depends on why you're buying the home. If you intend to live there at least ten years, say, or indefinitely, then I wouldn't worry about the current market conditions. There's no way to predict what the market will be like down the road--maybe far better, maybe far worse, and maybe anything in between, but you're buying the house because you like the area and think that's where you want to live for awhile if not for the rest of your life.

If you're buying a place to flip it/as an investment property, then definitely avoid an area with lots of foreclosures, because you'll just have too much competition and you'll probably end up losing money.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:26 AM

50 posts, read 194,822 times
there has never been a better time to buy in Palm Coast.. prices are below $100 a sq ft, and some as low as $60 sq ft. I believe I know which forum you posted your question on season 10..... the owner of that site is a real estate person, there are other forums, where your question would have been answered, flaglerchat and flaglerfreedom.

crime stats are available if you go to the sheriffs website, don't be afraid to ask the important questions, although you may not always get an honest answer. Many neighborhoods have neighborhood watches, and perhaps you could contact members of this organization to see how crime is in any area you are considering.

depending on what your budget is, there are some very nice areas such as: plantation bay, sugar mill, halifax plantation, and you can buy in those areas now starting at around $300,000.

Also remember because you are buying while prices are way down your taxes will be assessed at this level, and can never go up once you are homesteaded, except for a small percentage.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:57 PM

18 posts, read 65,156 times
Default Make a pros & cons list

Hi yuall,

Yes, I'm a damn Yankee from the weird state of NJ (Ocean County) & I plan on moving to Palm Coast (PC) eventually as I took the early out retirement from the Federal Government (US Navy - DOD) as a Mechanical Engineer with nearly 30 years of Federal Service. I'm only 49 years old but have had it with not only NJ - but the whole entire polluted, congested, cold NE quadrant of the USA. If you are considering doing any kind of move you should do what I did & make a Pros & Cons list as it will help shed light on things to help you better make a more positive & definitive decision. FYI, I have been all over the great Sunshine state of FL & when I found Palm Coast I instinctively felt comfortable & right away knew where my future home would be. The following is my current Pros & Cons list that I want to share with you but to do your own you need to tailer it to your own lifestyle, situation, etc. GOOD LUCK!!

The following are some of the cons & pros of moving to FL:

CONS:

Will be leaving family & friends

I hate to leave my dad who is 90 (but then again he can't wait for me to move there)

Will be leaving behind friends (a bunch of backstabbers anyway)

NJ is one of the best states for treasure hunting (I'm a meatl detectorist)

Will no longer be where there are 4 seasons (Who cares, I hate 6 months out of the year in NJ anyway)

Will be leaving my home state which I know well

Will no longer have the type of woods where I can roam around in

By leaving I will have to meet new people & make new friends (but this could be a good thing)

I will be all alone in FL (but girls in NJ suck. Hopefuly girls in FL are better)

There is the fear & threat of tornados, hurricanes, tidal waves, etc.

PROS:

Will have a master bedroom with 2 walk-in closets, tub, shower stall, 2 different vanities (his & hers) & sliding doors; family room with front entrance mud room & glass sliding doors; living room with built-in wall shelves & sliding doors; large spacious open plan kitchen with island (electric stove, microwave, garbage disposal system, double sink, side-by-side refrigerator); laundry room with washer, dryer, counter & shelves; formal dining room; breakfast nook; large L-shaped partially covered patio with entrance to bathroom (or a screened-in lanai); driveway with parking for 6; 11 ft ceilings; fancy half-moon windows; many architectural features & upgrades; backyard reservation; quiet neighborhood; nice neighbors; no or less crime; best part of Palm Coast area (E section); 3 miles from the new Town Square; 8 miles from ocean; close access to I-95, RT 100 & RT 1 & more.

Will be living in a new, larger home with more amenities for practically the same amount as what I pay now.

Will have 4 bedrooms instead of 2 (Master, Guest, Office & storage).

Will have a full bathroom near the Master bedroom with walk-in closets, tub, shower stall, 2-sink vanity, cabinets & more.

Will have 3 bathrooms instead of 1.

Will have a family room, living room, formal dining room, breakfast nook, large patio, driveway with parking for 6, 11 ft ceilings, many architectural features & upgrades & more.

Will have a 3-car garage where I can park my car & use as storage.

Will have all new appliances (stove, refrig, microwave, dishwasher) w/ a Laundry room with new washer & dryer.

Will have more of a maintenance free yard with no more leaves or branches to contend with, no more cleaning cutters, bagging leaves, etc.

Will no longer have to pay rent for storage ($1245.48 saved per year.)

Will be living in nicer warmer weather resulting in being able to do more.

Will be away from road salt, no more freezing weather, ice, snow, blizzards, etc.

Will be in a new, more cheerful & positive environment (less stress & worries).

It will be a good way to get rid of the clutter.

I will be living near an airport, nice shopping centers, etc.

I will only be 8 miles from the beach (Flagler Bch - Atlantic Ocean).

I’ll live more normally in a new home & will be better organized.

Will have a pro office resulting in conducting a better eBay business.

Will be living where there is more freedom & fewer laws than NJ.

My pension money will go further because of all the tangible cost savings.

Will no longer have high heating bills.

There are a lot of wilderness areas to the south & north of Palm Beach to explore.

At the end of each year I have the option to move again to keep the cost of rent
down & to avoid rent increases.

With the nicer weather I can enjoy the out of doors more by metal detecting (MD’ing) the beaches, bike riding, walking, girl watching & more.

I can get a tan all year round & wear t-shirts & shorts & can wash my car .

Can have real plants in the home with outside tropical palm trees, flowers, vegetable garden & more.

Will be in a home better constructed with better quality materials like granite, marble, slate tile, stucco, etc.

Can have people visit & stay with me as long as they want & they will have their own quest room w/ adjoining bathroom & easy access to kitchen.

I can finally buy all new furniture & stuff & interior decorate the house the way I want.

I’ll have a new state to explore.
All you want to know about FL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida