Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 12:46 AM

1 posts, read 5,645 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me if there's away to get relief on the expensive HOA fees in Bedford Parks town of traditions. $860/$890 is rediculous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 09:37 AM

439 posts, read 1,748,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoahelp View Post
Can anyone tell me if there's away to get relief on the expensive HOA fees in Bedford Parks town of traditions. $860/$890 is rediculous
It's called moving away. That's the only way you can escape it.

Wish I had better advice.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:50 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Is that per month or quarterly?!

Old 06-15-2008, 05:57 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
One of the increasing problems in any HOA is the fact that our economy has numerous foreclosures in any and every part of the US...including Tradition and Bedford Park. When people don't pay for their own house do you really think they are going to pay their HOA fees?

I personally don't live in Bedford Park, but I DO live in Tradition. As in any area where they maintain a lifestyle and keep the grounds, include your cable, Internet and various other amenities, there will be a cost. That cost will be spread out according to how much is coming in. It stands to reason..what do you want to give up....the way of life you chose and all that goes with it or living in the other parts of PSL where your neighbor next door may also be in foreclosure and his yard is 3 feet high (or no yard at all), has a car on blocks, or is boarded up and empty, or has god know who living in it.

I'm not saying it's right, I am just saying...our economy has produced a lot of heartache in many ways. I hear from people on a daily basis what foreclosures are doing to them and my own heart breaks. There is no answer yet that I can see and I have been doing this for some 20 years. You decide what is best for you, but blame the economy, not the HOA. They have bills to pay too.

I will try to get the exact amount of the HOA tomorrow...Monday ...and post if for you. And yes, it will be the quarterly amount.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:08 PM

39 posts, read 176,464 times
Once a year, when the new budget is done (when you get notice of the increase) they should also be mailing you a copy of the budget and the reserves. You should be able to see there why there is an increase. The price of everything is going up right now because of gas.
One option is of course to attend a board of directors meeting and ask. Volunteer to be on the budgeting comittee.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:20 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Ok.... here are the HOA fees in Bedford Park

In the Single Family Homes it is 890/Quarter

In the Town Homes it is $1173/Quarter that also includes INSURANCE on the outside of the building since they are attached.

This information came directly from the Management company this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida