Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:50 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,340 times

Advertisements

I have been reading about the town Chipley it sounds like a Mayberry type town. Anyone familer with Chipley who would like to give me a first had view of the area? We are considering in moving there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2006, 10:10 AM

3 posts, read 13,026 times

Hi, where are you moving from?
Chipley is a very nice town, much slower pace than a lot of cities, about 4,000 population now but not quite Mayberry R.F.D. We are growing fast.
If you come to town you can allways find me at the Historic Chipley Antique Mall downtown. Stop by for a cup of coffee.
Gene

Old 07-09-2006, 05:53 AM

800 posts, read 3,088,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy
I have been reading about the town Chipley it sounds like a Mayberry type town. Anyone familer with Chipley who would like to give me a first had view of the area? We are considering in moving there.

Chipley Florida was named after a relative of mine, William Dudley Chipley!

Just useless trivia.......

Old 07-09-2006, 12:00 PM

108 posts, read 692,842 times
I also agree with Gene. Chipley is a very nice little town. I priced a nice wood frame home for $85.000 two blocks from town. Chipley is right off the interstate so you’ll have more services like fast food then most small towns. They have a super Wal-Mart too. The drawbacks for me not moving there was the following… The cute downtown needed a few more shops. No Publix. Got to have a Publix! No Home Depot or Lowe’s and the drive is a long way to get to one. It’s been four months since my last visit so by now they probably have all those stores and even more.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:02 PM

3 posts, read 13,026 times
Not only do we have a Super Wal-mart, we have an Arby's nearing completion, just broke ground on a Sonic Drive-in and a new shoe store chain, there is a chain hardeware store comming to town soon like Home Depot or Lowe's. Not to mention the big Wild Animal park by Jim Fowler of Wild Kingdom fame coming to the western part of the county. Still rural but growing!

Old 07-14-2006, 08:19 PM

108 posts, read 692,842 times
HI Gene, I would like to stay informed on progress in and around Chipley. Any local websites would be helpful.
Again, anyone looking for a small town will not find a nicer one then Chipley.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 4,926 times
Chipley is great!!! I love this town and we r a short drive from everything you need, plus just 1 hour from the beach!
[url]www.nicoleeversonphotography.com[/url]
Nicole Everson Photography

Old 01-16-2009, 06:29 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
We've been driving through Chipley lately to get to my sister's place in Georgia, and it seems like such a pretty small town. Hopefully they can keep a balance between the new commercial development south of town and a healthy downtown business district.

And they've got some gorgeous old homes that have been well-kept over the years.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:26 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Everson Photograph View Post
Chipley is great!!! I love this town and we r a short drive from everything you need, plus just 1 hour from the beach!
Nicole Everson Photography, Chipley, Newborn, Marianna, Maternity, Panama City, Baby, Dothan Alabama, Toddler, North Florida Photographer, Wedding beach wedding photography, Children, Senior, Engagement
Nicole Everson Photography
How long have you lived there? Can you elaborate of what you like the most?

Old 04-30-2009, 06:20 AM

7 posts, read 36,721 times
Depends on what you are used to and expect. I think Chipley is great. I have relatives there and they have lived and worked there for years. That is a portion of the area I used to also cover before I retired. Mostly good quality people, hardworking and conservative. I don't think farming is as big there as it once was. More and more people from southern Florida are moving into the Chipley area to escape the problems, faster pace and population density of South Florida. Oh yes, the Sheriff there, Bobby, is a good guy too.

I might add they have a State Park just south of town that's nice. It's managed by an old friend of mine. I'm about 65 miles from Chipley. Pass through there regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida