Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 03:37 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times

Advertisements

Hey Hdzup-
There are many, many people in the same boat you are in. I know it gets really frustrating and discouraging. Like several people said, there are lots of homes on the market right now and new ones coming on every day. Judging by the amount of short sales for sale right now-which often turn into foreclosures, there should be plenty around for you to pick from.

I had a couple that waited for quite a while to sell as well and got an offer in the day after Christmas. They were from CT also-Lebanon. They are now living in North Port and couldn't be happier. You'll get a contract in when you least expect it--hang in there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 03:42 PM

13 posts, read 42,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
I am going through a similar problem but we own a house in Fla. (Brevard County).Trying to sell this house on Long Island, NY. since Sept. 07. Lots of people came to the open houses, but no offers. This house started at $599,000, now asking $499,000. In the meantime I am paying 2 mortgages. Got to get out of here badly before we go broke.
my home has been on the market for almost six months in texas. my husband says he wants to move but he refuses to lower the price (only small increments) this is also fustrating. i think he is emotionally attached becuase it was our first custom home. we will not move until this one sells. if it doesn't sell by august we will just stay. i hope it all works for you and your family. stay positive.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:08 PM

24 posts, read 97,261 times
Thanks Siecam. I think we rushed to quickly on buying that house in Fla. Should have waited until this home was close to sold. But then again would have lost the good buy on the house in Rockledge, Fla.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:31 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,930,791 times
We have had home on market with realtor here in north Florida now for 4 months without one showing.Not overpriced,2000 sq ft 2 large out bldg's on 5 landscaped acres with generator at $152,000,put it back up to $159,000,we have a home to move into a short drive from here.Not going to give away.Appraised at $188,000 by appraiser,things are tough.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:36 PM

24 posts, read 97,261 times
Yeah. We all just have to bite the bullet for awhile.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:37 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
It could be worse. We not only can't sell our condo, hell, we cannot even RENT it.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:21 PM

92 posts, read 468,066 times
At least you are moving to an area that is having the same problem as the place you're leaving-it will balance out! We have a wonderful, two yr. old house that is immaculate. It is definitely Designed to sell-but no one even looks! I need to move to LA. to join husband who is already working there. I would be giving away our house, if anyone was even taking-but the market in LA. is strong. People are not desparate and taking hundreds of thousands less. Consider yourself lucky-let your house go and come on to FL. and get yourself a steal!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:34 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,034,260 times
Default Lower your price

You are in the midst of the traditional prime buying season in Connecticut, and you will soon be losing your opportunity to sell until next year. It appears to be that your house is not priced in correlation with the current real estate economy, judging by the limited showings and lack of any offers. In the meantime, your tentative Florida job may not be waiting for you. You have accrued $100,000 worth of equity, and at least you are not in the dire straits of many who actually owe more than what their home is worth.

As I see it, you can wait until that scarce buyer appears from nowhere willing to meet your price, or you could generate a larger pool of potential buyers by creating a "bargain". You will be able to offset your pronounced reduction by creating (and negotiating with a significant advantage) for your new Florida home. It is not easy "biting the bullet", but sometimes that may be the only means of attaining your aspirations. Good luck!

Old 06-17-2008, 04:56 AM

657 posts, read 1,787,844 times
thank you all.
i am getting there with the price thing. i lowered it twice now since april so if i have to i will lower again next month. its been once a month ive lowered it. i am feeling like it hasnt been on long enough to lower it to much yet,but i am soo impatient. i am hopeing the open house gives me some luck. i know everyone is in the same boat.. i hate to complain, i just want others to share their experiences. i know it will all work out.
i do believe everything happens for a reason. i live my life by that but i just dont always agree with it.
i just dred another winter, and im affraid ill end up in florida and have money issues. thats why i also am affraid to give my house away with no $ left over. this is an opportunity for us to start over with a clean slate and make a better life for ourselves. i just hope it works out that way..
in the end, as long as i am in a place i can be happy is all that matters, i can build from there.
ill try my best to be patient and positive, and best wishes to everyone who is in the same trouble...

Old 06-17-2008, 05:26 AM

657 posts, read 1,787,844 times
Default insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Hey Hdzup-
There are many, many people in the same boat you are in. I know it gets really frustrating and discouraging. Like several people said, there are lots of homes on the market right now and new ones coming on every day. Judging by the amount of short sales for sale right now-which often turn into foreclosures, there should be plenty around for you to pick from.

I had a couple that waited for quite a while to sell as well and got an offer in the day after Christmas. They were from CT also-Lebanon. They are now living in North Port and couldn't be happier. You'll get a contract in when you least expect it--hang in there
that is encouraging.. thankyou. it is so hard to wait once you make up your mind. for me that was the hardest part. now i feel like im on a timeline with my daughter and school and now that i lined up a job. i just hope its going to happen soon before i lose to much money. i went from looking for a home for 250,000 now to a home for 180,000. i do see alot of them.. i found one and it says the couple is selling to move north. wish we could just trade. lol. anyway, what is the insurance like in north port? if i estimate 800 yr is that an average?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida