Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 08:55 AM

10 posts, read 33,587 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any info on the place? It seems to be pretty much the middle of nowhere, the nearest movie theater is 20+ miles away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 10:36 AM

440 posts, read 2,426,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSLer View Post
Anyone have any info on the place? It seems to be pretty much the middle of nowhere, the nearest movie theater is 20+ miles away.
We know where it is ..... what do you want to know about Chipley?

Old 06-25-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bohemians View Post
We know where it is ..... what do you want to know about Chipley?
Umm, I guess why someone would want to move there. I went to FSU with someone who had bought a house in Tallahassee while they were in school and seemed set to stay there for a while. Then we heard they sold the house and moved to Chipley. I mean, I can kinda see the "getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city" feeling some people have, Tallahassee has a pretty small town feel anyway, and the person in question never seemed to be bothered with living in Tallahassee.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:40 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Umm, I guess why someone would want to move there. I went to FSU with someone who had bought a house in Tallahassee while they were in school and seemed set to stay there for a while. Then we heard they sold the house and moved to Chipley. I mean, I can kinda see the "getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city" feeling some people have, Tallahassee has a pretty small town feel anyway, and the person in question never seemed to be bothered with living in Tallahassee.
To me, Tallahassee would be just right.
But I used to live in tiny Port St Joe, which is 2 hours southeast of Tally, and a little bit larger than Chipley. Some folks would move out of Port St Joe to live in Howard's Creek, which probably has a thousand people, tops. They obviously enjoy privacy and woods and getting away from it all--and don't mind driving every time they need something.
I've actually been hearing more and more about Chipley.
Here is their newspaper
The Chipley Bugle

Old 06-26-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Chipley is about an hour north of Panama City. It's been many years since we've driven through there. We used to drive the back road down from Alabama to Panama City and go through Chipley. Back then, it was a country kind of road. Chipley had a few lovely little historic looking homes, a thrift shop & used furniture stores that we would stop in and browse. Of course, so much has changed in our region over the past 10 years that we really don't know what's going on over in Chipley any more. With a new international airport being built in the West Bay of Panama City Beach, we are certain there have been some development changes and additions. Panama City would be the nearest city or if you wanted to go more north, it would be Dothan, Alabama or even further north -- Montgomery.

Sorry we don't have much more to offer than that, but if you have some more specific questions, we would be happy to try and find answers from you from some of the folks who live there.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bohemians View Post
Chipley is about an hour north of Panama City. It's been many years since we've driven through there. We used to drive the back road down from Alabama to Panama City and go through Chipley. Back then, it was a country kind of road. Chipley had a few lovely little historic looking homes, a thrift shop & used furniture stores that we would stop in and browse. Of course, so much has changed in our region over the past 10 years that we really don't know what's going on over in Chipley any more. With a new international airport being built in the West Bay of Panama City Beach, we are certain there have been some development changes and additions. Panama City would be the nearest city or if you wanted to go more north, it would be Dothan, Alabama or even further north -- Montgomery.

Sorry we don't have much more to offer than that, but if you have some more specific questions, we would be happy to try and find answers from you from some of the folks who live there.
Thanks muchly for the offer, I'm going to think about this for a bit.

Thanks again.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Thanks muchly for the offer, I'm going to think about this for a bit.

Thanks again.
Our pleasure ... just let us know if there is anything we can help with.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:56 AM

Hey, just saw on the news last night that Chipley is having it's 52nd Annual Watermelon Festival today, Saturday June 28th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida