Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2006, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 4,076 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with Poinciana? During our house search, almost all of our matched homes are in one of the Poinciana subdivisions. Why are there so many homes for sale there?

We've been told that Kissimmee and the Poinciana areas are hit-or-miss areas. Can anyone pinpoint particular Poinciana subdivisions or villages or neighborhoods that are nice and which ones are not so nice? Are there certain roads/dividing lines that I should stay between? Could anyone describe the layout of the subdivisions? I've noticed that the descriptions on realtor.com will say, village 7 neighborhood 5 or something like that. Do they run east to west? Is that indicative of the age of the neighborhood?

Just trying to make sense of it all. My husband's job will be near S. Apopka-Vineland Rd and I-4. Our highest price range is $200K 3bd/2ba. We've been told that we should look in Clermont, Davenport, Winter Park, Hunter's Creek. Anyone have any more suggestions?

I have no misconceptions, I know there's crime everywhere. My husband grew up in Fort Lauderdale. I'm just trying to gather all the information I possibly can before our house hunting trip next month.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2006, 08:00 PM

32 posts, read 159,619 times
if i was you i stick to clermont . or winter garden in there downtown area .but i would not go to poinciana not that great of an area.or hunters creek way to much traffic . why not rent for a bit. good luck debbie if you need and help just e-mail me. deborahdnds@aol.com i'm not a realtor but i could send you some info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida