Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 12:28 AM

823 posts, read 1,125,109 times

Advertisements

The weather will be the one thing I'll miss if and when I leave South Florida. What I won't miss is the 90% chance of traffic or the 70% chance of Spanish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 05:27 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
The weather will be the one thing I'll miss if and when I leave South Florida. What I won't miss is the 90% chance of traffic or the 70% chance of Spanish.
100% of both in the city of Miami lol

Old 10-11-2015, 12:35 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU2016 View Post
I know this is old.
But, as a native, this is every reason I can't wait to move away. I long for seasons! We never get the memo! LOL I Will miss hurricane season though... I know it has been a while, but I do love a good storm!!
Brevard County isn't South Florida.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:06 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
LOL! The OP already left FL for another state!

Old 10-12-2015, 08:40 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
I feel like if one were to look at those same "current temperatures" 24 hours later....FL would be cold too. It was just a matter of that cold front pushing on through. It was prob over the JAX area the time this photo was taken.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:24 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,396,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
LOL! The OP already left FL for another state!
ship em in, & ship em back out

Old 10-12-2015, 02:03 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
a rental car.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
This thread is 8 years old. I've come to the conclusion that there is small group of people on this board whose goal in life is to search for every possible reason people should not live in Florida, and will continue to post negative comments until their fingers bleed.

I'm currently in the Great Smoky Mountains in Western NC and the weather for the past few days (since the rain stopped) has been beautiful. I thought that I'd be too cold living here in Oct, but I was wrong. I was very eager to leave SWFL, but I think I just needed a change of scenery, since I hadn't seen autumn leaves in over 20 years. In February I visited a different area of NC and it was a thrill to watch snow fall, although it only lasts for a couple days.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind living in Florida for 3 or 4 months each year. It's a little more crowded in the winter, but the weather is usually very pleasant. Florida has many beautiful beaches, over 500 species of birds, and unique fauna and flora not found anywhere else.

Yes, Florida definitely has its problems, but there's no Heaven on Earth, so we each need to pick a spot, settle down and deal with it. All these "why I hate Florida" threads are getting to be monotonous.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:24 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
I think its the same person using various scrren names. After all, who joins a group for the only purpose of posting trash? When one of these posters leave another takes their place and starts all over again.

I constantly find myself wondering if they hate FL so much why are they still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This thread is 8 years old. I've come to the conclusion that there is small group of people on this board whose goal in life is to search for every possible reason people should not live in Florida, and will continue to post negative comments until their fingers bleed.

I'm currently in the Great Smoky Mountains in Western NC and the weather for the past few days (since the rain stopped) has been beautiful. I thought that I'd be too cold living here in Oct, but I was wrong. I was very eager to leave SWFL, but I think I just needed a change of scenery, since I hadn't seen autumn leaves in over 20 years. In February I visited a different area of NC and it was a thrill to watch snow fall, although it only lasts for a couple days.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind living in Florida for 3 or 4 months each year. It's a little more crowded in the winter, but the weather is usually very pleasant. Florida has many beautiful beaches, over 500 species of birds, and unique fauna and flora not found anywhere else.

Yes, Florida definitely has its problems, but there's no Heaven on Earth, so we each need to pick a spot, settle down and deal with it. All these "why I hate Florida" threads are getting to be monotonous.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:02 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I think its the same person using various scrren names. After all, who joins a group for the only purpose of posting trash? When one of these posters leave another takes their place and starts all over again.

I constantly find myself wondering if they hate FL so much why are they still here?
Usually for the same reasons people keep doing drugs, they are addicted to negative posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida