Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,509 times

Advertisements

I currently live in florida but I donot live in a gated community I want the security of a gated community for my family can you advise me of which areas of saint lucie county offer the best in security. How much are the maint. fees and/or hoa fees We are interested in looking into traditions or poss. the reserve. I have heard verano is a good place. Can anyone tell me how much of the hoa fees is security covered you can tell alot about a community by how much they spend on security. as a former director of lawenforcement else ware I am very concerned about the saftey of my family and would like to know how much of my hoa fees would be going to security. If anyone knows the amount or an estimated amount in some of the better communities in saint lucie I would really appreciate it. This will help me make a choice in what community I would like to look into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 04:15 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,031,998 times
Each community is different. You have to investigate each one.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:54 AM

10 posts, read 52,554 times
One quick issue. Since when do you believe a gate equals additional security? Unless you have 24 hr manned entrance only (which means NO unprotected back entrances!!!!), you have ZERO added security. Anyone can wait and follow one of your fellow prisoner back into jail. I have been following crime statistics in our new area, and the worst area right now is a community that has a main gate with 24 hr security guards. However, it has 6 other entrances, with regular gates. So really, everybody gets in. And they do. We live behind bars here too. And our neighborhood has the same crime statistics as the county average. Gates are only there for snobbery reasons.

We have found a noted exception though. A few miles from here, a community did way with the gate, but installed cameras on every street corner. These camera's are in full view and it is advertised that the records are kept for 7 days. Because of well lit entrances, they also do their job at night. This community has reduced their criminal statistics to well under the county average. And the few small issues they had were all on camera.

For a fully guarded entrance: expect several thousands per year.
For just an entrance gate with remote opening: 1000 or less.
No gate: a few hundred.

Jane.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:38 PM

137 posts, read 545,836 times
Do not fall for the gated communities being any safer than not living in a gated one. ITA w/ the PP you have to move into a community that has manned security at the entrance. Gates are a farce b/c people piggy back and they always break! Good Luck!!! And do not move into a new community, move into an established one...you know what your getting into. Take it from someone who knows!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida