Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 05:10 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,092,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDayInParadise View Post
What part of Ohio are you from? We had it Cincinnati... it was always beverage of choice when eating my Skyline Cheese Coney.

Fave non-alchy drink: Water with lemon, please.
Beer?: That's tough. Depends where I am. Tropicana Field ~ Blue Moon on tap w/ an orange slice. I'm more of a wine drinker.
Mixed: Had an amazing drink at Fly in Tampa (ok, three of them) and noone else has been able to recreate it for me. It was called a Franklin Derby. Makers Mark, champagne, and fresh mint in a martini glass that was rimmed with minted sugar. Yum.

I like Blue Moon on tap w/ an orange slice. On a hot day, I just stop a the BBQ place and enjoy two mugs with the meal...Superb beer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 06:24 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,152,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
GATORade
Is this not the state drink of Florida?

Gatorade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-04-2008, 06:59 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,018,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
I like Blue Moon on tap w/ an orange slice. On a hot day, I just stop a the BBQ place and enjoy two mugs with the meal...Superb beer...
Isn't that an amber? I think I had that the last time I was in Florida!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:30 PM

321 posts, read 1,025,118 times
Thumbs up Blue Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Isn't that an amber? I think I had that the last time I was in Florida!
It's a "Belgian-style wheat ale"...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:41 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,340,143 times
Default Summertime is iced tea, sparkling water, IPA beers and fruity wines

Non-alcoholic: Sweet tea, Snapple (rasberry and peach ice tea flavors), Izze (any flavor, but especially grapefruit), Pellegrino (chilled & sparkling ).

I also like to make my own variation of Ting, an island drink. I take a little grapefruit juice and mix it with Sprite/7Up .

Alcoholic: Beer, so many kinds ......

IPA - I like Mojo the best (Boulder Beer) & Longhammer

Stout - Sam Adams Cream Stout is pretty good, I also love St. Peters for a treat .

Guinness - in a class of its' own

Wine: Shiraz and Pinot Noir are my recent go-to's. I also like the funky local muscadine wines. We have a winery in St. Augustine. For a true Florida drink, check out : Welcome to San Sebastian Winery

Old 08-04-2008, 08:43 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,340,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Blue Moon is good....I've never tried it with a slice of orange, sounds interesting .

Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,092,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Non-alcoholic: Sweet tea, Snapple (rasberry and peach ice tea flavors), Izze (any flavor, but especially grapefruit), Pellegrino (chilled & sparkling ).

I also like to make my own variation of Ting, an island drink. I take a little grapefruit juice and mix it with Sprite/7Up .

Alcoholic: Beer, so many kinds ......

IPA - I like Mojo the best (Boulder Beer) & Longhammer

Stout - Sam Adams Cream Stout is pretty good, I also love St. Peters for a treat .

Guinness - in a class of its' own

Wine: Shiraz and Pinot Noir are my recent go-to's. I also like the funky local muscadine wines. We have a winery in St. Augustine. For a true Florida drink, check out : Welcome to San Sebastian Winery
Our favorite Winery San Sebastian....

Old 08-05-2008, 08:00 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,594,961 times
Arizona Sweet Tea - They don't sell that up north
Orange Julius - They moved out of NYC area about 20 years ago. I was very surprised to find them here!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:39 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,427,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Arizona Sweet Tea - They don't sell that up north
Orange Julius - They moved out of NYC area about 20 years ago. I was very surprised to find them here!
Speaking of drinks & NYC, does anyone from there remember "Papaya King" on East 86th Street & their papaya/coconut drink??

They've been selling it since the 30's & I WISH there was one here in Florida!!

THAT would become the Florida State Drink in a heartbeat!! (or a New York Minute...)

Old 08-05-2008, 12:04 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,839,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Speaking of drinks & NYC, does anyone from there remember "Papaya King" on East 86th Street & their papaya/coconut drink??

They've been selling it since the 30's & I WISH there was one here in Florida!!

THAT would become the Florida State Drink in a heartbeat!! (or a New York Minute...)

I see Papaya Kings all over the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida