Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:52 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,035 times

Advertisements

My advise get out of that town and move somewhere that you can make money where customers will actually come and buy things.

How can you live? 2 customers in a month?

Old 08-05-2008, 05:14 AM

737 posts, read 1,648,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
You said you lived in a small town and have had 2 customers in a month due to this cop, well Waldo is known for people avoiding that town because they will get tickets even going 1 or 2 miles over when every where else you slide unless you are over 5 miles.

It was either Waldo or Lawtey.

When I first moved into Polk County, Eagle Lake Police department were known to avoid. They are still a town you watch out for but not where near as bad as they use to be. That could of been why alot of the businesses in Eagle Lake went under. They seem to be doing pretty good now something I would of never thought of.

If you asked the officer to not be on your property and he said no I would call the police department and if you get nothing from the person answer ask to speak to a ranking officer in charge.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:28 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Have someone stand up the street with a "speed trap ahead" sign. I do that in Miami sometimes when a police officer sits near the stop sign by my parent's home.

There is a caselaw about police using private property for traffic enforcement being improper, but I do not have the citation number for it, perhaps look it up in a law library?

Old 08-05-2008, 01:33 PM

374 posts, read 1,629,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannl View Post
I myself am not worried about getting a ticket. Ya if your speeding then you should get a ticket.
The subject here is it legal for the police to sit on my property with their radar guns without my permission as I am trying to run a small business in a small town but nobody wants to stop here because when they see the police sitting here they figure there must be problems there so they don't stop here.
It's pretty sad when 1 or 2 people stop by in a whole month. When the people do stop they say they were going to stop by when they went through this town 2 days ago but we say police here so they said they didn't think it would be a safe place to stay.
I feel the police should sit on the street with there radars, not on private propety. I have asked them to leave and they tell me they have all the right to be on my property.
You read all over that nobody wants to even go through this town let alone stop in the town also telling everybody not to do business in this town.
It is not the business owner writting out the tickets.
I'm Sorry Dannl! I didn't mean to make light of your situation. There are a lot of us out there trying to make a living and if that is your reason you should have them go elsewhere!!

Old 08-05-2008, 01:49 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,702 times
Yea, she or it sounds like someone's nagging mom.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:29 PM

85 posts, read 566,870 times
Thumbs up Nagging Mom ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Yea, she or it sounds like someone's nagging mom.
I am not even going to go there !

Old 08-17-2008, 10:28 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,645 times
They can't park on your property if you don't want them to. Call the station and speak to a supervisor. They will not park there again.

Our cordless radar and laser guns will allow us to park our car out of view, and stand outside of our car. The public obviously doesn't like it because they look ahead for the marked police car. By the time that they see us, it's too late. We don't have to give warning that we're running radar or dress in bright colors for the public to see us a mile away.

I've had people park down the road with signs, warning motorists of a speed trap. They usually get a ticket for something as simple a parking on the sidewalk. If you decide to be such a hero, be sure that you're parked correctly, and that your car's equipment is not defective. When you drive off, make sure that you stop at the stop signs, and that you're wearing your seatbelt. They think that they are doing the public a service, but the police are there to slow people down. When someone doing 50 in a 30 mows down a kid, people wonder why the police don't write more tickets. They are usually just your typical disgruntled citizen who recieved a ticket themselves. As it is, I always give people up to 15 miles over the speed limit before I stop them.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:58 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
When I lived out in Lake Wales and had to drive to SWFL, I had to go through Mulberry, FL. and everyone told me NEVER to speed through there it was bad. Well, every time I drove through there was at least one cop hiding along 60... I never went 1 mph over through that town...

Old 08-18-2008, 10:45 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
I only put up a sign by an illegal Miami-Dade 4 way stop. The speeders can get what's coming to them.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:56 AM

732 posts, read 4,157,578 times
They like to hide in the woods at 4am here with no lights on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida