Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Florida Favorite Pets
Dog 56 82.35%
Cat 24 35.29%
Fish 8 11.76%
Snake 3 4.41%
Bird 4 5.88%
Farm animal (horse, cow, sheep, chicken, etc) 4 5.88%
Snakes, chameleon, lizards, 2 2.94%
Rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats etc) 1 1.47%
Turtles 3 4.41%
Other (please describe) 2 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:52 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,884,157 times

Advertisements

daviduk
Lovely dog!
There are dog parks all over Florida, but I prefer (if at all possible) to just take my dog to the same beach I go to.
I am unsure of restrictions for bringing pets into the USA, but I know it's done.
No doubt they want health certificates.
Here is a link from the USDA:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/NCIE/pet-info.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 08:09 AM

627 posts, read 2,841,055 times
Smile My favorite Furkids!

[CENTER]http://newAndUsedHomes.com/MO/Willum_Katie.jpg (broken link)
Willum Henry - Boxer - age 11
Kaite - American Bullnesse - age 2

[LEFT]I would also love to see pics of the Mini Horses!!
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Old 01-26-2007, 08:12 AM

39 posts, read 190,676 times
Thanks for the link cil, it is bookmarked.

Molly loves the beach, I try to take her several times a year. Last summer she loved chasing the waves (only v smal, few inches or so) and even had a swim with seals. Are dogs allowed on beaches in Florida or are the rules for each area different?

Old 01-26-2007, 08:31 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,884,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviduk View Post
Thanks for the link cil, it is bookmarked.

Molly loves the beach, I try to take her several times a year. Last summer she loved chasing the waves (only v smal, few inches or so) and even had a swim with seals. Are dogs allowed on beaches in Florida or are the rules for each area different?
Each area is different.

For example, in my county, Gulf County, dogs are allowed on all beaches, unrestricted. We are supposed to leash them, but we don't bother unless we come up to other people/dogs. The sheriff, when I occasionally see him, just smiles and waves.
In the very next county, Bay, dogs are not allowed on the beach--period.

In other counties, dogs may be allowed, but only at certain times of the day, or certain parts of the beach.
Below is a website devoted to Dog Friendly Florida.
Warning: I am not sure how updated it is, but it gives you an idea. (Their info for my area happens to be correct.)
Sunrico might come up with a better site.

http://www.doortosummer.com/door/civic/beachpts.htm

Old 01-26-2007, 08:52 AM

39 posts, read 190,676 times
thanks again for another great link, my bookmarks are getting larger by the day.

Molly has had all of her injections periodicaly so I don`t think there will be any problem getting her over there, just wonder how she will come with the summer

Old 01-26-2007, 09:25 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,185,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
I'm glad to know this. My Muslim neighbors have cats, but seemed really uncomfortable around my little bichon. She is well behaved, friendly and she doesn't jump on people. However, most people can't resist petting her as she is so cute and cuddly. They never have touched her and I've noticed they seem to try to avoid her. I guess this is the reason. THANKS!
I don't want to come across as prejudiced or intolerant - we are good friends with our neighbors... Really like them - they are the sweetest, kindest, most thoughtful and polite people. I'm just glad to know why they seem uncomfortable around the dog. I had asked them before if they were allergic thinking that might be it and they just said no...but knowing them - they were too polite to say anything else. Now, that I know this, I can just put her in another room when they visit.

Thanks again for the info!

Old 01-26-2007, 03:35 PM

566 posts, read 2,052,080 times
Pets, pets!!!! ahhh....yessssss!
All the pet pics here are so sweet....they are all lovely.

My babies are definintely part of the family...I have 3 cats and 1 dog, now - all rescues - plus, all my wildlife friends that I simply adore.
I'd post pics but for the life of me I cannot learn how to post pics here - I'm not computer saavy...sorry, I'm just a dumb gal ...

Old 01-26-2007, 03:37 PM

627 posts, read 2,841,055 times
Lulu, PM me, I can help you post if you want!

Old 01-26-2007, 03:54 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,089,599 times
This is my 15 year mutt... loves to sleep under the table.... http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/sunrico90/PICT0070.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-27-2007, 07:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,011,427 times
we have 2 11 yr old retired greyhounds and a 2 yr old mix we think is part spaniel/jack russel with a splash of "crazy" thrown in
here are our "kids" doing what they do best
Karla

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida