Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2007, 09:58 AM

200 posts, read 875,541 times

Advertisements

www.clydebutcher.com

We don't care for the cities. We love the natural Florida. Lots to do and see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 03:05 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,654,518 times
Hey, didn't that guy win the Hemmingway contest down in the Keys a few years back?

I didn't see any "South Florida" pictures, but he does nice work!

Old 01-26-2007, 03:16 PM

Funny!
hmmm..There are lots of pics taken at Big Cypress, Cayo Costa, the Tamiami Trail, etc. Maybe I was looking at a different gallery. Anyway, his work is awesome.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:29 PM

168 posts, read 760,836 times
hey, southfloridanative - does the small nature park, Navy Wells (Naval Wells?), still exist in southwest miami? i think we were only there once or twice - it's in south dade i think...but west. we were there once late afternoon, walking the trail into the brush when suddenly this overpowering cat urine stench filled the air. that was no house cat! way too much cat urine for that. and Navy Wells is off the beaten track (at least it was then)....so....

....we got the hell out of there. we figured there was a florida panther back in there somewhere. quite amazing - even for the late 70s.

i remember also when i lived in north central florida that in the 90s someone hit a florida black bear with his truck as he headed towards raiford.

i've not done a web search, but by now, i imagine both are rather extinct or dying out.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:02 AM

We don't know of a place with that name. We do know there are still bear and panther around. We have seen bears in Big Cypress. We have personally seen evidence of panthers also in Big Cypress. One of the campgrounds there had to have a panther removed b/c it was eating their petting zoo animals. It was taken to a new home, not hurt in any way. Ther also was a panther causing problems in an area off of SR29.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida