Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:16 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy2 View Post
It seems that a lot of people are looking to move to the Northern Penninsula and Northern New England, which leads me to think they they love snow, cold, and lots of it. What in the heck were you thinking of moving to southern Florida???? Sorry to beat a dead horse, but some people really need to get to know themselves before they make such drastic moves!
I moved down there, lived there ten years , bought and sold a business and a home for more than i paid for them, was able to keep a acre on the gulf and buy my log cabin up in N.H. I still have the acre on the gulf to pull the toyhauler and bikes down to if i wish. Thats my dead horse story. I know myself quite well . Thanks. My venture to Florida was never intended to be for ever.

Last edited by Ken E; 07-04-2011 at 12:25 PM..

Old 07-04-2011, 12:31 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,841,307 times
And you're EXACTLY the kind of person I'm NOT talking about, Ken. Kudos to you for your ingenuity. Sounds like you knew what you were doing to start out with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I moved down there, lived there ten years , bought and sold a business and a home for more than i paid for them, was able to keep a acre on the gulf and buy my log cabin up in N.H. I still have the acre on the gulf to pull the toyhauler and bikes down to if i wish. Thats my dead horse story. I know myself quite well . Thanks. My venture to Florida was never intended to be for ever.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Girl View Post
I remember when my aunt use to drop me off at the ocean in Jupiter....people could park free on the side of the road and then walk thru the brush on a little path to get to the sandy beach......is it still that way? Is it still free to park? Is that particular beach in Jupiter still as beautiful as I remember it?

Also does Jupiter near the beach experience any severe flooding?

And finally, are there any fairly new townhomes near the beach in Jupiter that are safe and clean and under $200k? If yes, could you name them or link to them please?

Thank you.
You might want to post this question on the West Palm Beach forum. Jupiter is very nice, but it covers a lot of area. In answer to your question about housing, I don't know about townhouses, but you can get a very nice 2/2 condo east of 1A for under $200,000.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:54 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
Closed. We have multiple threads so that we can talk about each topic separately. If you would like to discuss a new topic please open a new thread or use direct message. Please do not hijack a thread to discuss a new topic. Also, please remember that you may disagree with other members but you may not attack them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida