Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:14 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
You can only vote once. You are blocked from voting more than once. Maybe all us "malcontents" just decided to make our voices known, even if many did decide to not post to this thread.

Hypothetically if someone was to make another account can that one vote?

Say I made three different accounts with three different e mails can I come here and vote 3 times with the accounts?

That is the question it`s just something that crossed my mind thats all.

And I never referred to you or anyone here as Malcontents don`t know where that came from.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:39 PM

266 posts, read 1,162,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Wouldn't that be a good way to get kicked off the forums when the same IP address shows up? Just a thought. It's not worth it no matter what your druthers are.
Interesting....my wife and I both post on here, we each have separate accounts....she mostly posts in the home and garden forums, but occassionally we will post on the same thread. Never thought about the IP address being the same.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:42 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Not me check my Ip I have one account.....But maybe some people trolls would do that and not give a rats.......about being banned.
Agreed that to many folks are on here maybe for kicks and not serious opinions. You have to learn to read between the lines so to speak IMHO. To much beating a dead horse. I can speak my piece and let everyone else do the same. It's not the end of the world if I'm the odd man out. It still boils down to the individual as the what FL is or for that fact any other state or country. I'm glad a lot of folks don't want to live here. Think of how bad it could be if everyone wanted to be here year round. The pressure that it would put on natural resources? If I had to live in a lot of places I could name, I would be a grand champion malcontent. Why can't people live and let live????

Old 08-13-2008, 02:50 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default I will freely admit to being

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Hey, I said your situation was different!
a malcontent. It means not contented. It fits me. Others may object to it. I'm just saying for me, I don't object.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:54 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstec View Post
Interesting....my wife and I both post on here, we each have separate accounts....she mostly posts in the home and garden forums, but occassionally we will post on the same thread. Never thought about the IP address being the same.

I asked the admin about dual accounts and it was OK as long as we made a note in the profile area. My wife has not signed up yet but will one day soon.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:58 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
Multiple accounts is a violation of the TOS. We check IP addresses regularly.
We have ways of discerning if a person has multiple accounts, etc.

Without saying much more, suffice to say that any violation of the TOS is a risk of getting banned. It is certainly not worth it just to sway a meaningless poll.

Staying within the Terms of Service insures a healthy, helpful forum we can all enjoy and benefit from. Let's strive to keep it that way.

Frank D.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:45 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default Isn't that a lot of trouble to go through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Hypothetically if someone was to make another account can that one vote?

Say I made three different accounts with three different e mails can I come here and vote 3 times with the accounts?

That is the question it`s just something that crossed my mind thats all.

And I never referred to you or anyone here as Malcontents don`t know where that came from.
to just vote on a poll? As I said, you cannot vote more than once with the same account. That being said, maybe there are more people who don't think this a good place to live, but they don't WRITE about in postings? Maybe they are keeping their real feelings to themselves, but can voice their opinion in a poll and still remain anonymous?

It wasn't you. Somebody else said something, or whatever. I really don't mind, because it is the truth. No big deal to me.

Just another thought. You subscribe to this entire forum, not just one state. You can post on any state you wish. You don't actually have to live in that state currently, or ever, to post or take a poll on another state.

Last edited by TANaples; 08-13-2008 at 05:55 PM..

Old 08-13-2008, 07:49 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
No way to post twice, you only get one vote. Let them believe people are voting ten times each, there is no use arguing, it gets nowhere with some members...

Is it me or is everyone just getting nasty in here to eachother. I know.... I'm one of the malcontents on here, but if it keeps up the mods will close this thread.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:55 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
North Carolina is a good place to live. The beaches are nothing like Florida but the economy is better, the people are nicer, but the housing costs are similar.

Great weather, 4 seasons, good amounts of snow, ect, ect.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:02 PM

119 posts, read 112,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
North Carolina is a good place to live. The beaches are nothing like Florida but the economy is better, the people are nicer, but the housing costs are similar.

Great weather, 4 seasons, good amounts of snow, ect, ect.

go to tn instead... no state taxes! same weather, ppl, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida