Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:53 PM

34 posts, read 120,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
Well, as far as jobs go when I go to Massachusetts in 3 weeks I have 2 interviews set up as of this evening!!! I got 2 calls tonight! I am pretty excited now, I think the first one is a done deal, they are sending me the paperwork to fill out! More than what I can say here. It's been horrible since I came here in February. 7.9%unemployment rate in Lee county, yep it shows...
Please post pictures of the snow in the winter. Shoveling your car out, etc.

What field are you in where they hire people sight unseen? Hired by telephone?
Must be a sales job.

Enjoy the new life!!!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:00 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Spring Hill View Post

Must be a sales job.

Enjoy the new life!!!
I will be glad to post some pictures too. However I won't have to shovel my car out because I will actually have a subway 1/2 block away.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:03 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
Ya, I'll send you a ton of pictures, lots of them, all for you. Here are a few from last winter buddy.

I'm actually in apartment management, have been for 15 years, and sight unseen? I'm not a car or a house. I have a great backround, and why am I answering to you anyways? Sales, not me, no way....

Wow... The obnoxious ones are coming out of the woodwork on here today!!! Unreal...

Quote:

Must be a sales job.

Enjoy the new life!!!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:09 PM

He is being sarcastic, like a few others today, could be the same guy as I dealt with earlier. Hard to tell since people have more than one member name which is against the rules.

I'll take lots of pictures....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I will be glad to post some pictures too. However I won't have to shovel my car out because I will actually have a subway 1/2 block away.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:10 PM

And yes Tom, I WILL enjoy the new life, can't wait..... 18 days and counting...

Old 09-09-2008, 08:34 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
Quote:

Must be a sales job.

Enjoy the new life!!!
You say that like it's a bad thing...

Most people enjoy seasons and a beautiful snow fall.. roaring fireplaces, a white christmas, cold weather, sweaters and jackets, snowmen, snowdays, ect, ect.

I know I do..

Old 09-09-2008, 08:41 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,391 times
Yea I don`t see the problem, different strokes for different folks.....Some like tropics with mild winters some like Mediterranean climates like California and some like 4 seasons....

It`s ridiculous to argue about what weather is better because it`s a preference not a fact.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:48 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
It`s ridiculous to argue about what weather is better because it`s a preference not a fact.
Agreed.

I'll go on record as saying that I'm a 4 seasons guy.

I love being able to look forward to the leaves changing, pumpkin pies, halloween, and thanksgiving in the fall... love to see the first snowfall in the winter, have a traditional white christmas, have 3-4 diffrent set of wardrobes, sweaters, jackets, ect, ect then when you're sick of winter, BOOM here comes the spring and everything comes back to life, bigger and greener then ever.. then the summer comes and you wish for winter again !

Old 09-10-2008, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,217 times
Default Altanta

Good aftnoon all. Just wanted to post 2 cents on Atlanta. If you are black gay or quite wealthy this place is great. I am not at all racist or homophobic just very honest. For most people it is a traffic nightmare, lousy air and nasty manners on the roads. I am stuck here for now (it's a long story). If you are planning on moving here check it out very thoroughly. Very bad education wise as well. LHG

Old 09-11-2008, 10:27 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times
Florida is like everything else in the world. What some people find paradise others find hell. For me, growing up it was the best place in the world and I wanted to raise my kids where I grew up. But by the time I was in my teens it had turned into hell after being discovered as the latest vacation destination. By the time my kids were teens it was so bad I couldn't imagine keeping them there, for safety and moral reasons. I'd love to go back to visit Key West and I do go see my Gram just over the state line when I can, but other than that, I don't care to ever go back even to visit. But a friend I grew up on the island with has been tossing back and forth going back. I think once she got there though she'd realize it's not the place it was when we were little. As I've gotten older I've come to realize you just can't go back in time. And that's what it would take for it to be like it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida