Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 02:18 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times

Advertisements

They must be expecting a few new people in N.W. Hernando county.Their building a beautiful new school complex up there. I didnt tkink there was that many people up that way.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:59 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
They must be expecting a few new people in N.W. Hernando county.Their building a beautiful new school complex up there. I didnt tkink there was that many people up that way.
It was needed, the other high schools were getting a bit crowded.

The new school draws from out towards Hernando Beach, the majority of the Royal Highlands, Glen Lakes, some of Spring Hill.

It also only has freshmen this year I believe and they will add one class a year for the next 3 years.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,554 times
I'm planning on relocating in July to Florida, any suggestions on good schools, jobs?
Thanks

Old 12-17-2010, 12:14 PM

85 posts, read 272,008 times
Horrendous place>>>can't wait to leave>>>>counting the day's now.
Alway's hot,a/c runs constantly,,never get fresh air,nor cross breeze in the house,alway's hunkered down>>to hot to go outside 5 month's out of the yr christmas>>well never feels like christmas,alway's green,highest in foreclosures,highest in mortgage fraud,home of scams,ripoff's & thieves, home of bernis madoff,,,well he has a house here,,transient state>>high ga$ price,today's unemployment>>wjno radio 12.4% in fl. Palm beach county can't tabulate votes properly,also is home to 5 corrupt polititions in prison,schools are corrupt & kids learn nothing. Red tide in the fall,sea lice in the spring.i could go on & on why bother.i don't even think it's a nice place to visit anymore

Old 12-23-2010, 10:41 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
Holy crap... this thread is still alive ?

Old 12-24-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Holy crap... this thread is still alive ?
Useful for some but unfortunately the occasional "Florida is Worse than Somalia" poster pops in.

I just had to check the post history of the poster above you and after the first 25 posts I had to stop, some people you just know there is no way you would want to meet them in real life.

I understand that some people have problems with a lot of things in Florida but then there are those that have a problem with everything and everywhere and would be the same anywhere they live.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:54 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Useful for some but unfortunately the occasional "Florida is Worse than Somalia" poster pops in.

I just had to check the post history of the poster above you and after the first 25 posts I had to stop, some people you just know there is no way you would want to meet them in real life.

I understand that some people have problems with a lot of things in Florida but then there are those that have a problem with everything and everywhere and would be the same anywhere they live.
Heck Mike, I'm not even as bad as that one.... WOW... Peace brother...

Old 12-24-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Heck Mike, I'm not even as bad as that one.... WOW... Peace brother...
I never have too much problem with your posts because I understand your major problem is with the weather and you do acknowledge there are some things you like about Florida.
But some people just won't be happy anywhere.
I know we have our back and forth but for the most part that is because I like hot weather and you don't.
I actually was heading down 75 towards Alligator Alley a week or so ago, saw the sign for Estero and thought to myself that you must be enjoying the weather right now.
Have a good holiday.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:36 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
I never have too much problem with your posts because I understand your major problem is with the weather and you do acknowledge there are some things you like about Florida.
I know we have our back and forth but for the most part that is because I like hot weather and you don't.
I actually was heading down 75 towards Alligator Alley a week or so ago, saw the sign for Estero and thought to myself that you must be enjoying the weather right now.
Have a good holiday.
It's certainly been a nice and consistently cold at least here in central FL.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:54 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Quote:
Have a good holiday.
Yeah, I have had a lot more energy, and just a better state of mind, Less crabby..LOL. Yes FL has it's positives for sure. I have really liked taking the bike out more often, I love being outside, something about just pedaling around in the fresh air, very peaceful.

You have a good holiday too Mike. And a great 2011 too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida