Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2008, 08:25 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times

Advertisements

I think it had to do with her husbands employment, not hers..... Ask the facts before pointing fingers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
You clearly stated that you were forced to move to Florida against your will for employment. I can't imagine why on earth someone for whom every moment spent in this state is apparently such excruciating agony would move here, unless you aren't telling us the whole story.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:27 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,398 times
Same difference--they moved here for a job. They had other options but decided to move here because they got offered a huge amount of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
I think it had to do with her husbands employment, not hers..... Ask the facts before pointing fingers...

Old 09-12-2008, 08:38 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default My Husband got the job here

Quote:
Same difference--they moved here for a job. My personal belief is that they probably had other options but decided to move here because they got offered a huge amount of money.
and he was offered the SAME salary as he had in NY, which is probably very good for Florida. I make LESS money in Florida than NY. Educational salaries in NY pay MORE than Florida.

My choice was to divorce my husband and stay in NY, or move to Florida to be with him. It was not a matter of money or the weather. My husband is in the IT field. You know, as in outsourcing to India, etc., etc.

However, we are BOTH in agreement when we can retire we are going back. I myself have 5 years and I will get a FLORIDA PENSION (why I turned down those other jobs). I can go back then. It should be about the same time frame for my husband. I am going to try in the meantime to go back as much as I can. I am going alone for Colmubus Day weekend and we are both going for Thanksgiving. Hopefully, I can go one more time in the winter. I absolutely need to do this to give me a break from Florida and make this time pass.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:40 PM

It still doesn't make sense to me. I don't believe that someone like you who goes through a toxic shock reaction to being in over 70 degree weather wouldn't try to find other options up there.

A piece of the puzzle is still missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
and he was offered the SAME salary as he had in NY, which is probably very good for Florida. I make LESS money in Florida than NY. Educational salaries in NY pay MORE than Florida.

My choice was to divorce my husband and stay in NY, or move to Florida to be with him. It was not a matter of money or the weather.

However, we are BOTH in agreement when we can retire we are going back. I myself have 5 years and I will get a FLORIDA PENSION (why I turned down those other jobs). I can go back then. It should be about the same time frame for my husband. I am going to try in the meantime to go back as much as I can. I am going alone for Colmubus Day weekend and we are both going for Thanksgiving. Hopefully, I can go one more time in the winter. I absolutely need to do this to give me a break from Florida and make this time pass.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:50 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
^^ My goodness, get over it. Is it really that important to you to find out that many details? Why do you have to hound people in a thread where they just want to vent? I honestly think it's none of your business. Just let these people vent the way this thread is meant to be.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:51 PM

Are you related to Naples or something? You're always popping up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
^^ My goodness, get over it. Is it really that important to you to find out that many details? Why do you have to hound people in a thread where they just want to vent? I honestly think it's none of your business. Just let these people vent the way this thread is meant to be.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:52 PM

Don't argue... It gets you nowhere with these people.... We are wrong they are right, Florida is the best place on earth, nowhere is better. Say it all day long to yourself until you believe it. You do not need to explain your life to Lulu, I know the way you feel here, and why you are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post

My choice was to divorce my husband and stay in NY, or move to Florida to be with him. It was not a matter of money or the weather. My husband is in the IT field. You know, as in outsourcing to India, etc., etc.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:53 PM

Rachel, lulu can't go away, she is here to annoy us in the thread I made for us to Whine and complain in... You know how it is....

Old 09-12-2008, 08:55 PM

I'm going back to the Massachusetts threads, people are actually nice and pleasant there.... Floridas threads have too many nasty people in it...

Old 09-12-2008, 08:58 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default Wrong

Quote:
oh ok, I get it now. He loves the warm weather and wanted to come here, but you didn't. My bad.
He only came here for a job. As he says to anyone who asks, and I quote him, "If the first job that opened up was in ALASKA, that is where I would be today. Florida had nothing whatsoever to do with it." He sent resumes to Ohio, Pa., Maine, and even Dublin, Ireland. He didn't wait to here from those others. He took the first one offered, in Florida. The owners of this company are both from NY. He boss is also from NY. I think that played a major role in his getting hired at this "Florida" company. His boss is close to retirement and wants to move back too. He's been in Forida since 1982 when he was a teenager. Maybe we will all move back together.

We are not many years away from retirement. This was never meant to be anything permanent for us. It is just that in the meantime it FEELS like forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida