Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support this amendment?
Yes 14 31.82%
No 30 68.18%
Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times

Advertisements

This would pass the test of separation of church and state. Why don't more people realize that Government has no business sanctioning marriage? I also believe that if more than two people want to form a partnership, there should also be a procedure for it. People already live together without marriage, sometimes in polygamy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 09:47 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Same sex marriage should be allowed. I do not see anything wrong with it.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:46 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times
Who cares if two people of the same sex get married? Let them! It isn't hurting anybody if two people of the same sex get married! This country has enough flaws for us to worry about then worrying about rather two man or two women get married, or if they adopt a kid, WHO CARES?! The people in Tallahassee or whatever should be worrying about the important stuff, like up in crime, gas prices,the economy, something important, not whether two people of the same sex get married. Let them! Who cares if gay people get married? It's there life, not yours. Everybody should have a happy life, and if that makes them happy, then let it happen!

So NO I don't support Amendment 2! I think it's crazy that they worry about something like that!

Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
If this amendment would have mentioned property tax reform, it would have been eliminated by the corrupt court system.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,291 times
IM ENGAGED TO A GIRL SO DIS IS WAT I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!

Im amased at wat I feel,so strange it depends on da feeling to heal.
The attraction takes part n the smart will reveal is in deed wat u feel
Wat used to hide was rised in path of unexpectedness.
Rode to all the wonders of unforgiven love.
A love u cant fight ….but y must religion try to fight bk
Why shall real love be not free to b real n embraces.
In a world of steal da only way to heal is da love u must reveal.
y is it wrong to love freely.
To be with whom’s heart chooses.
I thought love was free to chose 4rm n yet its still iligall. In my eyes god doesn’t discriminate girl or boy….love is love.
We are all equal. Is it a sin to love OR BELOVED? I think not …love is 2 beautifull to sin amongs it n shall be free like da rainbow.

Last edited by prety in pink; 08-28-2008 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: I WANT TO LEGALIZE MARRIED IN MIAMI

Old 10-26-2008, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,145 times
Default Amendment 2 advocates sexual discrimination

I am quite surprised to see this issue made it to the ballots in Florida.
Amendment 2 advocates blatant sexual discrimination by limiting marriage based on a person's sex.
I am disappointed to see so many religious groups advocating sexual discrimination.

Additionally, any law that attempts to influence personal behavior by blocking equal access to services, is a law that is diminishing personal freedoms. We don't need laws that diminish our freedoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida