Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 10:50 AM

403 posts, read 1,576,045 times

Advertisements

how are these areas the best areas to raise kids if a lot of the top ten are in miami area with all of the crimes and the people and the high costs of living. i saw that the miami area is the least affordable place to live and has some of the worst schools in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 11:14 AM

436 posts, read 1,352,906 times
I am relocating to Odessa which is near Land o Lakes and Wesley Chapel. I don't know if it is "family friendly," but I sure do hope so since I am moving with 4 not so thrilled kids! Any insights?

Old 06-20-2007, 01:00 PM

423 posts, read 1,636,246 times
Nothing is perfect but if you want a central town with employment opps, decent lifestyle, shopping, restaurants, culture, nice beaches, schools etc.. I suggest Delray Beach

Old 06-21-2007, 03:14 PM

120 posts, read 168,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromedome View Post
hhahahaha @ naples being anywhere around that list
Judging by your previous posts in other threads, I assume you think every city on the list is bad unless it's on the East Coast of Florida.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:50 PM

184 posts, read 860,517 times
I'm from Florida (NW)--raised there and all of my extended family is still there...but I noticed in that list that the entire Northern part of Florida wasn't even mentioned. How odd considering what a totally family friendly area Northern Florida is. From Pensacola all the way over to Jacksonville has the most wonderful towns. Lots of family friendly atmosphere and so many great schools! The beaches are wonderful and many, many, many outdoor activities. Especially the area called "The Emerald Coast".
With small towns, lots of athletic programs, very little crime, no where near the cost to live like some of the places on the list, great shopping, great weather...how could some of these places not be included??
That's okay..."The Redneck Riviera" isn't as crowded as some on the list (and isn't so redneck either lol). If you have never visited that part of Florida, you really don't know what you're missing. And you are missing out

Old 06-21-2007, 05:47 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,340,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debntx View Post
I'm from Florida (NW)--raised there and all of my extended family is still there...but I noticed in that list that the entire Northern part of Florida wasn't even mentioned. How odd considering what a totally family friendly area Northern Florida is. From Pensacola all the way over to Jacksonville has the most wonderful towns. Lots of family friendly atmosphere and so many great schools! The beaches are wonderful and many, many, many outdoor activities. Especially the area called "The Emerald Coast".
With small towns, lots of athletic programs, very little crime, no where near the cost to live like some of the places on the list, great shopping, great weather...how could some of these places not be included??
That's okay..."The Redneck Riviera" isn't as crowded as some on the list (and isn't so redneck either lol). If you have never visited that part of Florida, you really don't know what you're missing. And you are missing out
Orange Park made the list - it's in Clay county, bordering Duval/Jax.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:59 AM

172 posts, read 854,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida1 View Post
Judging by your previous posts in other threads, I assume you think every city on the list is bad unless it's on the East Coast of Florida.
lol, thats not true tho

every post i made has a reason behind it, im not simply spewing hate.

i mention naples because of the cost of living there, lack of professional jobs and overall the city isnt very child friendly. i could go on and on.

i live in the west coast myself and visit naples often

Old 06-22-2007, 01:14 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,647,589 times
Some people only see what is in front of them, portray onto others there own misery and think others wouldn't be able to adjust to what miseries they have in their own lives.

I always say if you cannot handle it where you are and are miserable, it is your own fault, and you need to move because 9 out of 10 people will not see it the same way others do.

Did someone say OPEN YOUR EYES and get out of that bubble.

Naples is not only for the rich, I know a family who lives extremely well in a well off gated community and he makes 55k per year. He does not see things the way a certain poster here sees Ft. Myers or Naples at all. He is a sale rep that my company does business with and we talk several times a month. He is no way feels that either of those communities are what many make them out, he does say we got our problems, but nothing other do not have too.

After all, all of us see things differently, but some of us act on things that make us miserable and others have the lack or knowhow to adjust or change themselves for the better.

If Naples, Ft Myers etc are so bad, again, WHY DO YOU STILL LIVE THERE????

Must not be too bad.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:07 PM

120 posts, read 168,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromedome View Post
lol, thats not true tho

every post i made has a reason behind it, im not simply spewing hate.

i mention naples because of the cost of living there, lack of professional jobs and overall the city isnt very child friendly. i could go on and on.

i live in the west coast myself and visit naples often
I know. I live in Ft. Myers and read your posts here as well as on news-press.com. You don't like Cape Coral/Ft. Myers either. I'm guessing you wouldn't like Sarasota/Bradenton either. Well, the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area is expecting to lose 18,000 students this year. Lee County is expected to lead the state in students growth for the second consecutive year. An urban and fast paced life style doesn't always mean family friendly.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:29 AM

8 posts, read 36,263 times
Cool Delray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumar3 View Post
Nothing is perfect but if you want a central town with employment opps, decent lifestyle, shopping, restaurants, culture, nice beaches, schools etc.. I suggest Delray Beach
Seems I read about violent crimes in Delray Beach almost daily! It's scary that someone would recommend that area to anyone! Especially someone looking for good schools! It's almost as bad as Riviera Beach!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida