Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 03:47 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3po View Post
So then why would you wanna come back to FL? That kind of stuff ticks me off too, and I have that same chip on my shoulder. So why live in a place where people treat eachother like that? Sure there are lots of nice places to live in FL, where ppl still act polite and respectful, but those areas are becoming fewer and far between man. I'd look into Charlotte or Atlanta, or Raleigh.

And based on your comments above, stay away from S FL, Orlando, and Tampa.
Honestly, I have no desires to live in Florida again. I had some very hard times there.

However, Having a decent salary would likley make things a little better I though. Either way, I just wanted to see what people had to say about the salaries. I didn't want this thread to be a pro/anti Florida thread.

Florida is what it is.

I'm not sure where we'll end up moving but I do miss the water and living in Tennessee what I'm about to say might seem a little odd, but the Carolinas are a little too " country " for my liking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 05:29 PM

41 posts, read 96,342 times
Then try Charlotte/Raleigh. The salaries there would be better than probably any FL cities, a lot of educated young folks, not country, etc...

Plus, even though NOW you may be making more than what you did in the past, the cost of living has gone way up in FL.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:02 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
I appreciate the info, However... My wife and I are both southerners I'm from Florida, She's from Louisiana and we're living in Tennessee. We really have no desire to leave the Southeast with the exception of possibly Texas.

I honestly don't think either of us have the patience for the North East.

Besides, I once moved back to Florida from Tennessee and took a job at a call center where my boss was from New Jersey. She basically berated me infront of everyone at work about how my " Tennessee Accent " would never fly when talking to the more " sophisticated " people of the North East, I've kinda had a chip on my shoulder since then.
Understandable about not being interested. I just thought I'd throw the idea out there. No big deal.

Not all of us are like that from the northeast. Most of us in the northeast (especially the NYC area) don't really care if someone has an accent. There are people from all over the world here, so we experience hundreds of accents. Just like there are mean people in Florida, there are nice ones. It's like that all over the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida