Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 11:32 AM

1,247 posts, read 925,894 times

Advertisements

Port St. Lucie is no more SE Florida than Delaware is in the south east.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:35 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,503,373 times
I just did a quick check of the MLS for Port St. Lucie and found 795 properties for sale under $200,000. Under $100,000, about 45 of them were mobile homes, however they are nice mobile homes in well-kept retirement communities such as Spanish Lakes. For a single person wanting a started home, here is a 2/1 for $139K:
http://images2.living.net/ImagesHomeProd4/FL/idx/photos/regionalmls/R2768881.jpg (broken link)

Here's a small 3/2 for $150K:
http://images2.living.net/ImagesHomeProd4/FL/idx/photos/regionalmls/R2761466.jpg (broken link)

This 3/2 has 1300 sq ft and is $160K:
http://images2.living.net/ImagesHomeProd4/FL/idx/photos/regionalmls/R2741835.jpg (broken link)

This 3/2 has over 1600 Sq Ft and is $180,000:
http://images2.living.net/ImagesHomeProd4/FL/idx/photos/regionalmls/R2720224.jpg (broken link)

Jumping to the last page of the listings, this 4/2 is just under $200K:
http://images2.living.net/ImagesHomeProd1/FL/idx/photos/martin/319932.jpg (broken link)

Folks, I spent almost no time on this -- maybe 10 minutes. Anyone who knows how to Google can find the MLS pages. I didn't hunt for anything spectacular; I just picked them at random as I jumped 4 or 5 pages at a time through the nearly 800 listings!

Don't ask me where any of these are or how to find them; I'm not a real estate agent, just a retired geek who likes my city and loves FACTS.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
We consider SE Florida to include Palm Beach County, Broward, and Miami-Dade County. Port St, Lucie is considered the Treasure Coast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Port St. Lucie is no more SE Florida than Delaware is in the south east.
Sorry, guys, check your geography. Divide Florida into quadrants, and PSL is in the SE quadrant. Divide the nation into quadrants and Delaware is in the NE quadrant. Facts are facts, and you can't wish them away.

Further, Martin and St. Lucie Counties are closely associated with Palm Beach County in such areas as planning, health care facilities and other services that are based on Geography. Port St. Lucie is a mere 40 miles from the Palm Beach County line yet more than 120 miles from Orlando, which is considered Central Florida.

Port St. Lucie also shares the same weather patterns -- the tropics are considered to end at Vero Beach. Port St. Lucie does not have any TV stations of its own; the stations which are considered local are from West Palm Beach and Miami.

If your other knowledge of Port St. Lucie is as faulty as your geography and demographics, you should stay out of these conversations.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:16 PM

150 posts, read 706,245 times
Thanks pslOldTimer! It's been a long time in the making.We close in 3 wks.I can't wait.We saw many nice homes under 200,000 so I'm confused by this post as well.Thanks for all your help these last several months.Your knowledge and expertise on the area was much appreciated.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
Sorry, guys, check your geography. Divide Florida into quadrants, and PSL is in the SE quadrant. Divide the nation into quadrants and Delaware is in the NE quadrant. Facts are facts, and you can't wish them away.

Further, Martin and St. Lucie Counties are closely associated with Palm Beach County in such areas as planning, health care facilities and other services that are based on Geography. Port St. Lucie is a mere 40 miles from the Palm Beach County line yet more than 120 miles from Orlando, which is considered Central Florida.

Port St. Lucie also shares the same weather patterns -- the tropics are considered to end at Vero Beach. Port St. Lucie does not have any TV stations of its own; the stations which are considered local are from West Palm Beach and Miami.

If your other knowledge of Port St. Lucie is as faulty as your geography and demographics, you should stay out of these conversations.
Shares weather patterns? Hah.

Port St. Lucie is an equal distance from Miami and Orlando. It is not part of the Miami metropolitan area. It's over 100 miles away from Miami. You can tell yourself you're 20 years old, all you want, but that doesn't make it true. Miami is southeast Florida. When someone talks about moving to southeast Florida, are they talking about Miami? Or are they talking about Port St. Lucie? Please. How many people commute from Port St. Lucie to Miami for work?

Old 02-05-2007, 12:54 PM

670 posts, read 1,742,707 times
[quote=Muggy;335505]BleakOutlook, add this to your reading list: Crashes: The Florida Real Estate Craze

"...everybody simultaneously saw the writing on the wall, and panic selling ensued. With thousands of sellers and very few buyers, prices came down with a sickening thud, twitched a bit, and then crawled down even lower."

Moderator cut: link cut
Muggie, if you keep reading the housing bubble blog much longer... you won't make any money in RE. Also, I read this article before I read your post... The bubble in the 20s was much, much worse than this recent bubble(1999 - 2006)

Old 02-05-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Shares weather patterns? Hah.
Are you calling me a liar? Look at the temperature and humidity patterns over a period of time, and you will see that Miami and PSL have very similar patterns. Both are considered sub-tropical. When the TV weathermen broadcast the local weather, they cover the area from Miami to Vero Beach (which is on the northern edge of SE Florida).

Quote:
Port St. Lucie is an equal distance from Miami and Orlando.
That's true, but irrelevant. It appears you are trying to say that ONLY Miami is SE Florida. That's patently ridiculous. The rest of your argument is meaningless if that's what you're claiming.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:59 PM

670 posts, read 1,742,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Where exactly are you talking in South Florida?

$200k is NOT going to allow you to buy a 3-4 bedroom place anywhere South of Martin County, I'm afraid.

However, if you can move up to Port St. Lucie area, you CAN find homes for 200k and less that you would actually want to live in, on quarter acre lots. Go to realtor.com, for example, and type in area code 34953 (for example)with a limit of 200k. The homes that are towards the top of that price range look like decent 3/2/2homes.

Or.... are you talking about Miami/Broward/Palm Beach Counties?
Yeap! This is true and anwers her question. Maybe geographically you might have said South of St. Lucie you will not find anything in that price range on the east coast.
This answers later posts as well...

Old 02-05-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Are you calling me a liar? Look at the temperature and humidity patterns over a period of time, and you will see that Miami and PSL have very similar patterns. Both are considered sub-tropical. When the TV weathermen broadcast the local weather, they cover the area from Miami to Vero Beach (which is on the northern edge of SE Florida).
No I'm saying your statement is irrelevent. The weather is similar all along the Florida coast. Naples has a similar weather pattern to Miami, as well. Is Naples now part of SE Florida?

Quote:
That's true, but irrelevant. It appears you are trying to say that ONLY Miami is SE Florida. That's patently ridiculous. The rest of your argument is meaningless if that's what you're claiming.
Nope, but Miami is the hub. Regardless, it's all subjective. Unless you can provide documentation with legally specifies Port St. Lucie as being part of "Southeast Florida", I could argue with you on this forever.

At this point, I'm only arguing with you because I think it's funny. You argue every single little detail, in every thread. You ignore the spirit of the post, in favor pointing out something minute, so you can say "I'm right and you're wrong". I'm amused. It's so easy to yank your chain. You made a boring day at work interesting. Thanks!

Old 02-05-2007, 02:25 PM

47 posts, read 332,279 times
Quote:
How can you make such a claim in the face of the FACT that Julz just bought a house in Port St. Lucie for less than $200,000. In case it escaped your notice, Port St. Lucie IS in SE Florida, not N. Florida, and there are no rough areas in the city.

I get so angry when I read the sort of crap you and others are trying to pass off!
Ouch! Psloldtimer!

No need to have a tizzy! I am speaking from factual information as well. If you recall I said you would be hardpressed to find anything under 200k up there--not impossible! I hope you understand the difference between hardpressed and impossible now. I look about every quarter at homes to purchase and like I said real estate is very expensive here and I haven't seen anything under 200k that isn't in the ghetto. Maybe you should take up golf--it helps relax people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida