Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 04:38 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,595 times

Advertisements

and you pop up right on cue
Let other people defend their own arguments themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Tell that to lulu who keeps putting down all those who don't like it. Most of the "malcontents" on here are looking for others who are unhappy in the state and want to vent about it to others. They aren't necessarily attacking those who like it. It's more so those who like it who seem to be attacking the ones who don't like it.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:38 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
Why are you guys spending all your time arguing with some malcontents?

Some people like it, some people don't like it.
Some people love it, some people hate it.
Great! To each their own, right?

If they don't like it they should leave. Easy isn't it. End of story and discussion.
I agree, the constant invasion of the anti-Florida threads by Florida lovers is getting old. I have an idea, Florida lovers make a "love Florida thread" and then you can post all the things you love about Florida everyday. You will never convince anyone on here that Florida is great, if you hate this place so be it, if you love it so be it, everybody has differing opinions. No need to attack great ladies like TanNaples and Rachael84.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:44 PM

710 posts, read 2,233,575 times
Quote:
Tell that to lulu who keeps putting down all those who don't like it. Most of the "malcontents" on here are looking for others who are unhappy in the state and want to vent about it to others. They aren't necessarily attacking those who like it. It's more so those who like it who seem to be attacking the ones who don't like it.
I'm not going to defend anybody or any post, but from what I'VE seen from these boards, it's mostly the people who don't like it who try to convince themselves and others that everything about Florida is terrible - especially SoFla and Miami (which I enjoy a lot, btw).

We should ALL be for ALL opinions, as long as their truthful and with perspective. The reason I thought these forums existed is to help residents and would-be residents get info on an area. Honest perspectives both ways are the only way someone can make an honest judgement.

Maybe you guys should start a "I hate Florida because" board?

Old 09-15-2008, 04:44 PM

You know, I really don't anymore. I popped in here briefly today and I'm already sorry I did.

I've been spending time on another forum that's not insipid like this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
Why are you guys spending all your time arguing with some malcontents?

Some people like it, some people don't like it.
Some people love it, some people hate it.
Great! To each their own, right?

If they don't like it they should leave. Easy isn't it. End of story and discussion.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:47 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
You know, I really don't anymore. I popped in here briefly today and I'm already sorry I did.

I've been spending time on another forum that's not insipid like this one.

Good. The people who don't like Florida can vent all they want and not have you in the way. Maybe you should find a hobby in Florida if you like it so much; apparently you spend lots of time on the forum lol

Old 09-15-2008, 04:53 PM

What piercing wit! Oscar Wilde couldn't hold a candle to you.
Buh bye!

Quote:
Good. The people who don't like Florida can vent all they want and not have you in the way. Maybe you should find a hobby in Florida if you like it so much; apparently you spend lots of time on the forum lol

Old 09-15-2008, 05:03 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
You've said goodbye from this board like 5 times already. We're waiting...

Old 09-15-2008, 08:37 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,533,783 times
It is quite evident that some here need to be reminded of the rules of this forum.
Please read this;

"Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY. "

It would be a shame to close threads due to a few who cannot seem to get along and post by the rules.

Here is another rule;

"You must be 16 years of age or older to register."

Some of the posts i've been reading lately have me wondering if we have some VERY underage posters here.......

Frank D.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:15 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
it is getting pretty bad when the people who hate florida are trying to drive people who love florida out of the threads. we get that some people think it is too hot here! of course why they picked florida i have no idea. i certainly would not move to alaska and then post on their forum about how cold it is.....

Old 09-16-2008, 07:15 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
This is why I have been trying to post more about helping others looking here to come to FL, instead of arguing with people. I'm not jeopordizing my membership. I'm done with the bashing. You know what? I don't like hot, I don't like extreme cold either. I like things about Florida, I like things about Massachusetts. Easy as that. I am moving in 2 weeks up north, but Florida has been a part of my life for nearly 15 years... I can't deny it has some things that have grown on me about it...

I admit a few people on here have been dragging me into arguements, but I am ignoring such remarks now. Time to be civil...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida