Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 01:51 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times

Advertisements

Well, that is YOUR choice to roast in the house with the AC off. Where are you in FL? Are you down here in SWFL? It's a lot hotter here than say Jacksonville or Talahassee in certain months... It was not as bad in Melbourne as here in Cape Coral. Still hot there, and my AC is on from March/April right up till the end of November. Or sometimes December.

AND I am not a newbie to Florida by the way. I have been here since 1994 when I moved to Orlando. I did my homework back then when it was fun to live in Florida, well not so much anymore... I have lived in all different areas of Florida, not just one. And some were better than others. BUT the heat and humidity are still the same. Especially here and Orlando, that was the worst. I dealt with it for the most part. I didn't like it, but I dealt with it. Now it's time for me to go back home to where I came from. Christmas feels like Christmas there, so does Halloween and Thanksgiving. There is nothing more of a let down of a holiday feeling than watching the Macy's parade with the windows open and 88 degrees, that sucks... Or Christmas in SHORTS...

Now, cold... I don't love freezing cold either. I can deal with 20's. I don't like negatives, but when it does happen I stay inside, just like here when it's 110... I will however take my winter/spring/summer/fall over here which is summer/spring/summer/spring, so on, since I love XC skiing, hiking, biking, etc. Can't do any of the 3 here, no mountains, biking is dangerous, and skiing is well, duh...

Aslo as 121804 says... Do you know my situation? Do you know me? There is a lot more to me leaving here than just weather. Do you think people only move due to weather? I don't think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
HUH??? I didn't even turn my A/C on until maybe June this year. I might add in July but that only some years.

AGAIN...if this type of weather isn't for you, then you shouldn't move here or still be living here.

Just another reason to do your homework before you move someplace.

One person's paradise is another's horror flick.

Just give thanks that you live in a country in which you are free to move about.....now I sound like an airline commercial..."you are now free to move around the country..."

Old 09-10-2008, 02:05 PM

Then sometimes you go someplace that is fun, or great, then it turns into a pile of "you know what" over the years... Well, where I am from it's always the same..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Self-fulfilling prophecy. Don't set yourself up for failure.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:07 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,595 times
That's not what 121804 was tryingt to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
Then sometimes you go someplace that is fun, or great, then it turns into a pile of "you know what" over the years... Well, where I am from it's always the same..........

Old 09-10-2008, 03:04 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default 85 degrees is not the same everywhere

Quote:
That's what they make AC for. Just stay inside during those times and you'll be fine. Am I the only one here with any sense?
I RARELY put on the AC in NY when it was 85 degrees because the majority of the time it was not HUMID as all hell. Here in SW Florida I have it on in the 70s because it is still HUMID.

The 90+ is bad enough, but the humidity is the killer. I cannot wait to experience 70s without the damned HUMIDITY, let alone, lovely 60s, 50s, and 40s.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:18 PM

I don't understand any of you people. If the temp drops to 80 I turn off the AC and just use the ceiling fan and a free-standing fan, and I'm fine. And I almost never sleep with the AC on, no matter the temp.

I use a fan.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:21 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
I don't understand anyone on here. If the temp drops to 80 I turn off the AC and just use the ceiling fan and a free-standing fan, and I'm fine. And I almost never sleep with the AC on, no matter the temp.

I use a fan.
Thats a recipe for mold in Florida.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:23 PM

I just use some Tilex for mold if I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Thats a recipe for mold in Florida.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:36 PM

162 posts, read 229,618 times
Default I agree

I'd bet the house that if North Dakota had Florida's weather that a lot more people would live there. Mattias used poor judgement and visited Florida in August and most probaby visited the theme parks. Well, get this Mattias--the average temps on Siesta Key from Nov.-April are 76 for the high and 59 for the low! Hard to beat when you're shoveling or shivering. Sure it's hot half the year but 89/72--Siesta Key's May-Oct. high and lows--is better than snow and sleet IMO. The thing about Florida's warm weather is that you can still enjoy being outside for 60% of every 24 hours wearing shorts and t's and can excersize in comfort--just get up early and enjoy the evenings. I'll take Florida over the NE anytime.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:33 PM

I use a fan AND my AC........ Sleep with no AC, I would never sleep.

Quote:
I don't understand any of you people. If the temp drops to 80 I turn off the AC and just use the ceiling fan and a free-standing fan, and I'm fine. And I almost never sleep with the AC on, no matter the temp.

I use a fan.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:36 PM

So you use Tilex in the closets on your carpet? In dark places in the house? Under cabinets???? Sure...

Quote:
I just use some Tilex for mold if I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida