Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:01 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,669,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I just use some Tilex for mold if I see it.
Do you use Tilex on textiles? That is where most molds grow.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,669,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I get too cold if I turn the AC below 76. It's freezing.

That is because it is still humid or damp in the house.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:14 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,279,887 times
Default How can you visit for a few weeks and judge?

You went there during the worst month and stayed for a few weeks and now announce it is horrible? I lived in Guam where the moisture ran down the walls because it was so humid and we had to keep our eyeliner in the frig or it would melt. That was humid but you know what? I got used to it quickly (as did everyone else) and I never remember anyone complaining about the humidity. I lived there for 3 yrs so I had enough time to be "sick of it" if it was that horrible.

Go visit Guam for a few weeks and then you will know real humidity.

I've been to Florida during every season and rented houses for extended amounts of time and I would take Florida's "humidity" any day over Ohio's Winters.

Stay in NJ if that is what you enjoy. Florida sure doesn't need any more transplants that are whiners.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,699,282 times
ps...I remember I didn't like the weather here in 1988 when my parents drove my two brothers and me down from PA to go to the theme parks. I was 19 and I distinctly remember my face breaking out like crazy from the humidity. I'd run into a bathroom at Disney or Epcot and splash water on my face because it felt so sticky and gross.

Our clothes were drenched in sweat as we moved around the parks.

My parents chose August, of all months, to come down here on top of it!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:17 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,498,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
You went there during the worst month and stayed for a few weeks and now announce it is horrible? I lived in Guam where the moisture ran down the walls because it was so humid and we had to keep our eyeliner in the frig or it would melt. That was humid but you know what? I got used to it quickly (as did everyone else) and I never remember anyone complaining about the humidity. I lived there for 3 yrs so I had enough time to be "sick of it" if it was that horrible.

I've been to Florida during every season and rented houses for extended amounts of time and I would take Florida's "humidity" any day over Ohio's Winters.

Stay in NJ if that is what you enjoy. Florida sure doesn't need any more transplants that are whiners.
What part of Florida? The humidity levels vary greatly by the region of the state you are in, Florida is a large state.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:30 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,477,661 times
Quote:
Florida sure doesn't need any more transplants that are whiners.
Florida sure doesn't need any more transplants that are condescending b/c the world doesn't agree with their opinion.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:43 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,759,267 times
Quote:

Why do people get so bent out of shape with others that don't like the FL humidity? Some like hot weather, some like cold. Why do those that like hot weather assume that EVERYONE does? I certainly can understand why someone wouldn't like cold weather, but warm-weather lovers don't seem to understand that many people like having 4 seasons and cold winter too.

And what's with all these comparisons to other extreme tropical climates to "prove" that FL isn't that hot? Guam? That's like saying "Come to Fargo, ND! It's not really that cold....when compared to the North Pole!"

Maybe that should be Florida's new marketing slogan: "Come to Florida....it's not as humid as the Amazon, Guam, or Vietnam!"

Old 09-12-2008, 05:52 AM

561 posts, read 1,915,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugatu View Post
and what's with all these comparisons to other extreme tropical climates to "prove" that fl isn't that hot? Guam? That's like saying "come to fargo, nd! It's not really that cold....when compared to the north pole!"

maybe that should be florida's new marketing slogan: "come to florida....it's not as humid as the amazon, guam, or vietnam!"
lol!!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,287,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
Why do people get so bent out of shape with others that don't like the FL humidity? Some like hot weather, some like cold. Why do those that like hot weather assume that EVERYONE does? I certainly can understand why someone wouldn't like cold weather, but warm-weather lovers don't seem to understand that many people like having 4 seasons and cold winter too.

And what's with all these comparisons to other extreme tropical climates to "prove" that FL isn't that hot? Guam? That's like saying "Come to Fargo, ND! It's not really that cold....when compared to the North Pole!"

Maybe that should be Florida's new marketing slogan: "Come to Florida....it's not as humid as the Amazon, Guam, or Vietnam!"

Maybe because some people talk about humidity in Florida as if it's a well guarded secret.

Oh! It's so hot in Florida! And humid! I thought it was going to be Brooklyn with Palm Trees!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:55 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,726,445 times
After going on various states reading posts, Florida has the nastiest/meanest people on here. If you don't agree this is the best place in the world, you are crap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Florida sure doesn't need any more transplants that are condescending b/c the world doesn't agree with their opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida