Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 12:38 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,595 times

Advertisements

That's what they make AC for. Just stay inside during those times and you'll be fine. Am I the only one here with any sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
EXACTLY. And I would even argue November as well.

More power to the people that like humidity. 75 or more degrees for me in any months other than Jan and Febuary is too disgusting. Not because of the temps, but because of the swampy humidity.

Yep, I'll admit I made a huge mistake coming here, but I will be back to civilization in CT soon enough. (My definition of civilization is probably different than most people that like FL, so take that how you want).

Old 09-10-2008, 12:43 PM

561 posts, read 1,923,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
That's what they make AC for. Just stay inside during those times and you'll be fine. Am I the only one here with any sense?
Who said I WAS outside?? I spend vast amounts of time indoors. That is my whole point. Spending your life indoors is not any life. Not for me. Again, made a mistake, going to rectify it soon enough. Until then...I will complain about it. It's partial therapy for me.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:46 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,511,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
I can't believe a thread about the heat in Florida has 78 posts........
It's tropical folks.....look up the definition.
If you don't care for those types of conditions don't move here. And if you do move here and the two months that it's actually bad (Aug & Sept) bother you, don't complain, suck it up or move back!
You learn to do outside activities before noon or after the afternoon rainstorms. There goes the excuse of being over-weight or lazy because of the heat. OR...here's a thought....work out inside.

Lordy...people make it sound like you have to be a hermit 10 months out of the year.
Only reason I am bothering to respond is the sheer fact that it's not always that easy to just pack it up & move back. Sometimes, yep, no matter how you will spin it to fit "you didn't have to move to FL" repetoire, people don't have the choice. And it's a public internet forum. People can pick & choose what they wish to share or complain about or be happy about. Guarantee 50% of the people who whine about the heat or whine about the snow have issues far deeper than heat or snow that are bothering them & it's a way of venting.
Before you are so quick to judge, maybe think of all the factors that go into moving. Not everyone is as stupid as you think.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:48 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Honestly the people I feel sorry for are the children that are raised in Florida. They spend their entire childhoods in doors and venture out only on occasion. I was always accustomed to seeing childrens playing outside by the droves in the summer until I moved to Orlando. You hardly see children playing on the streets in the summer here.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:49 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
2 bad months??? Where are April, May, June, July, October???

HUH??? I didn't even turn my A/C on until maybe June this year. I might add in July but that only some years.

AGAIN...if this type of weather isn't for you, then you shouldn't move here or still be living here.

Just another reason to do your homework before you move someplace.

One person's paradise is another's horror flick.

Just give thanks that you live in a country in which you are free to move about.....now I sound like an airline commercial..."you are now free to move around the country..."

Old 09-10-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
Until then...I will complain about it. It's partial therapy for me.
And it's free

Most on here are on here for various reasons.

Prior to judging people, maybe "think". Would be amazed what happens when you think.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:55 PM

Why do you assume I'm judging you? I've never even met you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post

Prior to judging people, maybe "think". Would be amazed what happens when you think.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post

AGAIN...if this type of weather isn't for you, then you shouldn't move here or still be living here.

Just another reason to do your homework before you move someplace.
Do you know everyone's situation on a personal level?

Did all the homework & then some. Knew it was going to be awful. It was.

If I felt like sharing with you what our circumstances were or felt you even deserved to know, I would.

People don't have to like a place. It's not a law. They are allowed to complain just as those who would like to see FL it's own state due to its supremacy in everything couldn't imagine the utter horror of shoveling snow or wearing gloves in April.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Why do you assume I'm judging you? I've never even met you.
I wasn't responding to you.

And anyway, it should be common sense that you don't judge people you don't know & therefore should not chatise them b/c they have different opinions as something as stupid as hot or cold.

So glad I have broken away from the FL forum. It's painful to read these posts anymore.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:00 PM

Self-fulfilling prophecy. Don't set yourself up for failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Did all the homework & then some. Knew it was going to be awful. It was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida