Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2007, 09:01 AM
MB2 MB2 started this thread

3,496 posts, read 9,421,576 times

Advertisements

I am wondering how those recent tornadoes, and the recent devastation is affecting the HOI in FL again? Will it have an impact...again, since it was declared a disaster area???
I mean, reports were made that HOI would be lowered (I guess to some extend). Does this recent development mean HOI will remain "on course" and get lowered, remain the same, or go up???
Any info anyone???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 AM

155 posts, read 283,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
I am wondering how those recent tornadoes, and the recent devastation is affecting the HOI in FL again? Will it have an impact...again, since it was declared a disaster area???
I mean, reports were made that HOI would be lowered (I guess to some extend). Does this recent development mean HOI will remain "on course" and get lowered, remain the same, or go up???
Any info anyone???
There was quite a bit of damage done, specially costly damage to houses in more expensive areas, like The Villages.

I cannot THINK of any other way that insurance would go DOWN after this!! That sounds illogical. But my guess is that even if insurance goes up, it might broken down in cost to everyone else in the state, which means everyone just pays a little bit more a month.

Anyone have any ideas?? I am curious about this as well.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:20 AM

1,247 posts, read 923,189 times
The way insurance works is it spreads risk across the state. The reason it's the state, and not the nation, is because insurance is regulated at the state level. The only exception to this is flood insurance, which is handled by the feds. So regardless of the type of disaster, rates will rise.

Florida is high risk due to hurricanes. The only way to give long term relief would be for the feds to spread the risk to the entire nation, like they did with flood insurance. Anything else will only be a temporary solution, at best, and may actually make the problem worse.

Capping rates will only cause insurers to pull out of Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida