Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:53 AM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,595 times

Advertisements

They look around for someone or something else to blame--but should the finger be pointing back at them?

Note: this thread is about people who move here from somewhere else, not the natives.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:57 AM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,035 times
Default I`m a happy transplant

I moved here from somewhere else and I am happy, not a malcontent but I think malcontents do contribute to some of Florida's problems.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:59 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
I moved here from somewhere else and I am happy, not a malcontent but I think malcontents do contribute to some of Florida's problems.
Care to elaborate?

Old 09-14-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Care to elaborate?

Do you really think a bunch of discontented residences are really doing anything for the communities around here?

If people hate where they live then they really don`t give a crap about their neighborhoods.

Not looking for an argument here just stating my opinion I don`t have any hard facts but maybe someone else does.

I stated in the other thread that thier is no problem with people moving here so I am not against that because I am a transplant also.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:10 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default Just who are YOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
They look around for someone or something else to blame--but should the finger be pointing back at them?

Note: this thread is about people who move here from somewhere else, not the natives.
You seem to harp on everybody else who is a "malcontent", yet never give YOUR story. Obviously you are not a native. You seem to know so much about Queens, and which for what it is worth, I am NOT from Queens.

Tell us YOUR story and how YOU became a transplant.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:15 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Do you really think a bunch of discontented residences are really doing anything for the communities around here? I believe they are, they bring money from where they came from and invest it in Florida. They work and pay taxes, so yes I believe they are "doing" alot to help these communities.

If people hate where they live then they really don`t give a crap about their neighborhoods. It is usually the people that complain that are involved actively in homeowners association meetings and the such that actually promote improvments in their neighborhoods.

Not looking for an argument here just stating my opinion I don`t have any hard facts but maybe someone else does.Without hard facts then your statement is purely opinion. Which I think is great.

I stated in the other thread that thier is no problem with people moving here so I am not against that because I am a transplant also. I dont think most transplants are against people moving here.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:19 AM

Default Where is compelled to reply

Here is where we need compelled to reply.....

We are waiting for your infinite wisdom

Old 09-14-2008, 09:21 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default Snowbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Do you really think a bunch of discontented residences are really doing anything for the communities around here?

If people hate where they live then they really don`t give a crap about their neighborhoods.

Not looking for an argument here just stating my opinion I don`t have any hard facts but maybe someone else does.

I stated in the other thread that thier is no problem with people moving here so I am not against that because I am a transplant also.
The development where I lived is mostly comprised of snowbirds. I feel very much like a snowbird, in that I care about my home, my development, but not much about the city or the state that I am living in. I consider myself to really only be a temporary resident, like the snowbirds. I fully intend to leave, so I feel that it is not my place to make my voice known about what goes on around me in the city, county, or state. I will let other people who really intend to make this their home to worry about what is going on. I am registered to vote, but won't, and haven't, on any of the local issues.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:21 AM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,595 times
I'm not a malcontent. Anyway, I thought you put me on ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
You seem to harp on everybody else who is a "malcontent", yet never give YOUR story. Obviously you are not a native. You seem to know so much about Queens, and which for what it is worth, I am NOT from Queens.

Tell us YOUR story and how YOU became a transplant.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:25 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
Lulu, you spend an awful lot of time on here putting down people's posts. Why don't you go out and bask in your Florida paradise instead of spending it inside on the computer making posts all day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida