Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you personally been a victim of a crime in Florida?
Yes 23 62.16%
No 14 37.84%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:32 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
I guess this poll isn't working out the way you thought, huh Lulu? There's more crime going on in Florida than you think. Like I said in the other post, blinders Lulu....blinders.
Didn't she specify "Have you....PERSONALLY?" Guess very few can follow instructions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 05:08 AM

849 posts, read 2,923,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
Didn't she specify "Have you....PERSONALLY?" Guess very few can follow instructions.
First off, I cast my vote for "NO". Second off, I was sharing something that happened to family, since they don't know of this forum and don't post here. Third, thanks for your sarcastic and smug attitude. "Forum" means I can voice my opinion and if you don't like it, oh fricking well.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:50 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
Lately there has been a lot of this going on on City Data, it's almost no fun coming on here anymore with these people with the crappy attitudes. There is no posting without some rude, or insulting comment thrown back at you. I am taking a different approach now, the "nod and smile" approach.

Quote:
First off, I cast my vote for "NO". Second off, I was sharing something that happened to family, since they don't know of this forum and don't post here. Third, thanks for your sarcastic and smug attitude. "Forum" means I can voice my opinion and if you don't like it, oh fricking well.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:26 AM

83 posts, read 207,162 times
Carjacked at gunpoint ... while on vacation before moving here....and yes i still moved here, just gotta be careful where you drive at night

Old 09-17-2008, 07:28 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
I have been robbed by Team Metro but that is it. Those criminals are very difficult to punish.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:36 AM

849 posts, read 2,923,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
Lately there has been a lot of this going on on City Data, it's almost no fun coming on here anymore with these people with the crappy attitudes. There is no posting without some rude, or insulting comment thrown back at you. I am taking a different approach now, the "nod and smile" approach.
I agree, trust me- I am usually not one to be confrontational. Lulu and I had a discussion about crime in Florida on another unrelated thread, and when I saw her post this one, I probably came across a little testy, but certainly meant nothing by it...I tried to do it all in good fun. The problem with typing on a message board like this, is voice inflection and facial expressions are nonexistent, so your true attitude can't be conveyed properly, and may be misinterpreted.
I then told a story that certainly had nothing to do with me, but hopefully conveyed something that was pertinent to the conversation.
SSgII came back with what I perceived to be an attitude and I responded poorly; that I apologize for. I don't want to be identified on here as someone who creates problems, so I will try to be a little more mellow in the future. I should have just grinned and beared it.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:42 AM

73 posts, read 365,725 times
My car was stolen from the parking lot of the condominium in Tamarac where I live. I beleive it was in 1999. The car was found about 3 or 4 days later in Lauderhill. It was stripped for parts.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:26 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,587,473 times
Default More than once

Had personal checks stolen, wiped out account, had to open new account and feel violated........now I carry checks with me and have installed a safe that King Kong coudln't open.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:29 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,084,255 times
ssg is right rich, you didn't follow the OP's instructions on the thread

Quote:

Old 09-17-2008, 01:52 PM

72 posts, read 162,320 times
Yes, also had a lot of very close calls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida