Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 PM

90 posts, read 192,897 times

Advertisements

plus in az, nv and tn the heat doesnt last so long like in fla. yeah, it might be hot, but you have coller days and nights ahead. we have to wait for late october for any change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 07:52 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,723,341 times
Heck, down here in SWFL it doesn't cool off until NOVEMBER if we are lucky... Then it starts right back up in March. I'll take dry heat too, but prefer 4 seasons myself. Yes cold included, I love those grey cold days. Or that smell in the air just before it snows, no other thing like it.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,938,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
Heck, down here in SWFL it doesn't cool off until NOVEMBER if we are lucky... Then it starts right back up in March. I'll take dry heat too, but prefer 4 seasons myself. Yes cold included, I love those grey cold days. Or that smell in the air just before it snows, no other thing like it.

I can agree I liked the smell before snow too even thou coastal RI didn`t get allot of snow.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:24 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,948,566 times
Quote:
It is starting to smell like fall here in TN and I can feel my energy level and mood start to change for the better. I told my daughter today, who is still in Florida, that I actually feel like going out and buying a pumpkin!
I bet your really excited. 10 days to lift off. I know how I felt when I was getting ready to go!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:45 PM

72 posts, read 161,629 times
Quote:
Just as hot in AZ and NV as here, but 110 degrees instead... No way, not me.
Well, those reports do scare me, but I have people in those places, and an aunt in CA who offered to help me start a new life there. Since my first and #1 concern is to get away from Florida, at least the most important task would be out of the way.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Definitely prefer four seasons! I would love to go outside and actually be able to feel (and see) falling snow!

Usually I hear how much people hate those gray days. They find them depressing. It seems so strange to me because I have never been able to understand that. I find that it's the blazing, sunny days that irritate me and change my mood. Gray skies make me so happy!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
It is starting to smell like fall here in TN and I can feel my energy level and mood start to change for the better. I told my daughter today, who is still in Florida, that I actually feel like going out and buying a pumpkin!
Hey, that's awesome! Enjoy the season for those of us who are stuck in Eternal Summer, every time those leaves crunch under your feet!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,194,715 times
It's been in the low 50's here in Dallas at night, but it's also been pretty gloomy. I wish there was more sun though!!!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,723,341 times
Excited is not the word! What I'm not looking forward to is the drive up from Northern VA to CT... Yuck. From GA to VA is the easiest part.

I won't buy a pumpkin till I hit MA. We saw them in Walmart the other day and I asked my 9yr old daughter if she wanted a pumpkin, you know what her answer was... "Ah no dad, those are Florida pumpkins, not Massachusetts pumpkins, I don't want one here". I kid you not..... Kids are funny.

They told me on the MA boards the leaves have not started changing, so we won't miss the colors, YAHOOOO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
I bet your really excited. 10 days to lift off. I know how I felt when I was getting ready to go!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:38 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,948,566 times
I don't blame her. I never felt like it was halloween or any othercold weather holiday as long as I lived there. Now I enjoy it again. I got to wear a coat last christmas and gloves. I was soooo happy. I cooked liked crazy because it actually felt like the holidays. I am originally from NY so I know what it is supposed to feel like. No leaves changing here yet, but soon I hope! I took so many pcitures of the snow last year too. I was like a kid. It doesn't last long here, which is good.

BTW, I have one of your pictures as my desktop. The one with the fall trees and the water. Simply beautiful!

Quote:
Excited is not the word! What I'm not looking forward to is the drive up from Northern VA to CT... Yuck. From GA to VA is the easiest part.

I won't buy a pumpkin till I hit MA. We saw them in Walmart the other day and I asked my 9yr old daughter if she wanted a pumpkin, you know what her answer was... "Ah no dad, those are Florida pumpkins, not Massachusetts pumpkins, I don't want one here". I kid you not..... Kids are funny.

They told me on the MA boards the leaves have not started changing, so we won't miss the colors, YAHOOOO!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida