Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 12:46 PM

158 posts, read 868,477 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am from. IL. It is cold and ugly here. I once lived in Treasure Island Florida for a while and would love to move back there but no longer have the kind of income I used to. I was thinking of moving to Milton or maybe Pace.

I have 5 children from the age 22 months to 10 yrs old. So good schools are a major consideration.

One reason I want to move is I hate cold and snow.

Another is financial. I figure if we sell our home here we could get a home there for maybe 90,000-100,000 and have a way lower morgage.

Are Milton or Pace pretty towns. Are there beaches there? Is it slow paced? My life here is so crazy and hecktic. My husband works like a dog is never home and I am afraid if we do not get out now and cut down our bills we will sink. This is scary for me I have never been so broke. and cold. Did I mention I hate cold?

Anyway if anyone has any info for me or any other advice on a slow paced clean pretty town I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 01:24 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Five kids in Milton or Pace and a house (i'd assume 4 bedrooms at least then?) for about 100k? The towns are in the same general area.

Hmmm.... that's a tall order I'm afraid. If you bump your price range up to 150k, you have a few more options.

MIlton Florida: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton,_Florida (I didn't really find any four bedroom options under 100k though)

Pace Florida: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pace%2C_Florida

This house is four bedrooms for 119k:

http://homepics.realtor.com/image2/http/pensacola/listings/large/083/319339.jpg (broken link)

This one is five bedrooms for 129k:

http://homepics.realtor.com/image2/http/pensacola/listings/large/075/311973.jpg (broken link)

136k, four bedrooms, large lot:

http://homepics.realtor.com/image2/http/pensacola/listings/large/014/320022.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-10-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Thanks Trimt7

Hey thanks, that was really nice to put the pics on for me. The 1st one looked pretty decent. Well I looked under realtor.com and saw some were listed as 3 bedrooms but also had an office so I figured that could be our 4th.

If we went up to 150,000 we would not be coming out too much ahead. I dont know maybe it is just foolish wishful thinking on my part to think I could get a house that would suit us for 90 or 100,000.

Maybe we could find a repo house??

I just want my life to be more simple, less cluttered and not so busy. I miss the old days when I just had 2 children and just was able to hang out and enjoy my kids with out financial worries.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:45 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Freezin, remember that those prices are the listed prices. The owners may be willing to lower their price a bit if they're motivated sellers.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:06 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,019 times
There's a LOT for sale in the entire area and if you go and look you will find a good percentage of them are vacant too.

My bet is that prices will continue to come down. Tis the season for low ball offers, fa lalalala lala la la

Old 02-10-2007, 07:38 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,158,830 times
Is a great time to go fishing in the market. Do your research and start to contact realtors to see how much further they will negotiate the price. Check also foreclosures, many houses are in pristine condition, also lots of G.I.'s relocating this summer due to normal PCS rotation. They are placing the houses in the market early to see if they can sell now....

Old 02-13-2007, 04:02 PM

83 posts, read 382,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIL View Post
Hi. I am from. IL. It is cold and ugly here. I once lived in Treasure Island Florida for a while and would love to move back there but no longer have the kind of income I used to. I was thinking of moving to Milton or maybe Pace.

I have 5 children from the age 22 months to 10 yrs old. So good schools are a major consideration.

One reason I want to move is I hate cold and snow.

Another is financial. I figure if we sell our home here we could get a home there for maybe 90,000-100,000 and have a way lower morgage.

Are Milton or Pace pretty towns. Are there beaches there? Is it slow paced? My life here is so crazy and hecktic. My husband works like a dog is never home and I am afraid if we do not get out now and cut down our bills we will sink. This is scary for me I have never been so broke. and cold. Did I mention I hate cold?

Anyway if anyone has any info for me or any other advice on a slow paced clean pretty town I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
We moved last year from Ohio. In your description Pace/Milton sounds perfect for you. It still has a small town feel, but the development is coming and people know it. It is also a excellent time to buy, prices are down 10-20% all over so places that were 160K last year are around 145-150 now. Also, alot of people complain about the beaches being an hour or so away depending on traffic but we don't mind it much. It makes for a great/cheap weekend!

Old 02-13-2007, 04:14 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,158,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvj5 View Post
We moved last year from Ohio. In your description Pace/Milton sounds perfect for you. It still has a small town feel, but the development is coming and people know it. It is also a excellent time to buy, prices are down 10-20% all over so places that were 160K last year are around 145-150 now. Also, alot of people complain about the beaches being an hour or so away depending on traffic but we don't mind it much. It makes for a great/cheap weekend!

Mattvj5,

Can you provide a bit more info about your area, many members are asking about. If possible provide your HOI.

An hour drive to the beach is nothing, many drive 500 - 1000 miles to visit our paradise. I have a 15 minute drive to the beach.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 AM

83 posts, read 382,816 times
sunrico90 I'm not sure what HOI means?

I live in Pea Ridge (Pace), it's between Pace and Milton. I agree and hour drive is nothing, I just noticed some people who have lived here for a while hate he hour drive.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:54 AM

Wow, an hour drive?? It looks so much closer on the map I have. Still like you said an hour is not bad. Now we have changed our move date to next spring. We will need more time to research the area get our house together and my 2 yr old will be much more managble at 3 yrs old. My children are all so excited and so am I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida