Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 05:05 PM

11 posts, read 26,113 times

Advertisements

TANaples I hear you, I am already dreading getting back on that plane tomorrow. In one way I am glad that I moved down to Florida because now I definitely know that the grass is NOT greener.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:18 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Well, one thing to dislike about Florida is--TEMPORARY residents. Another one is TOURISTS.

So if you all stay home this year, please do, and we'll be better off.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:23 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default Unfortunately, I am already here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Well, one thing to dislike about Florida is--TEMPORARY residents. Another one is TOURISTS.

So if you all stay home this year, please do, and we'll be better off.
been here this time for a year and a half. I may be considered a "permanent" resident since I work here and own two places, but it's a state of mind. In my mind, I am not a Floridian and never will be. Just waiting out my time until I can move back home.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:25 PM

72 posts, read 162,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Before my husband dragged me down here kicking and screaming (like your parents?), I said I wished the entire state would sink into the ocean.
One of my favorites. As I said once before, I am in good company here in this forum!

My brother is the same way. All I have to do is bring up the subject of moving out of Florida, and he immediately starts talking about how much he hates this state, using lots of colorful language. It used to be that I didn't even know how he felt, but it turns out that all the both of us really want to do is get out of here (preferring to go back home) and leave Florida behind, like discarded garbage.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
been here this time for a year and a half. I may be considered a "permanent" resident since I work here and own two places, but it's a state of mind. In my mind, I am not a Floridian and never will be. Just waiting out my time until I can move back home.
Then why would you "stay"? You don't like it, you're not from here. Go ahead and get out. Unless your job transferred you here, and except for the military, you do NOT have to accept job-related transfers.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:42 PM

Default This is where my husband got a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Then why would you "stay"? You don't like it, you're not from here. Go ahead and get out. Unless your job transferred you here, and except for the military, you do NOT have to accept job-related transfers.
He is 60 years old and not about to try to start looking again for another. We will stay until we can retire and move. I have 5 years before I will get a State of Florida pension. I am not giving that up. When we can retire, we will move.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:43 PM

37 posts, read 79,629 times
As an aviator, Florida is a huge state, yes. The topography/geography varies a bit from the northern-most sections of the state to the southern-most ones.

I prefer to travel Florida from above (i.e., airborne). I mean, you can "fantasize" that it's lush and tropical territory. If you're into reality, though, you can revel in the fact that crashing into a mountain is not likely. (What mountains? This land is flatter than Gumbie.)

Florida is flat, uninteresting, hot, humid, stinky, and NOISY. Yes, noisy! Chances are you will never be awakened by nature, but rather, by LANDSCAPING EQUIPMENT!

Florida is the state-equivalent of plastic surgery. Wanna see some fake stuff??? Go to Florida!

Old 10-04-2008, 05:47 PM

Blame that on developers.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:10 PM

Default When I first fly over here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushTrees View Post
As an aviator, Florida is a huge state, yes. The topography/geography varies a bit from the northern-most sections of the state to the southern-most ones.

I prefer to travel Florida from above (i.e., airborne). I mean, you can "fantasize" that it's lush and tropical territory. If you're into reality, though, you can revel in the fact that crashing into a mountain is not likely. (What mountains? This land is flatter than Gumbie.)

Florida is flat, uninteresting, hot, humid, stinky, and NOISY. Yes, noisy! Chances are you will never be awakened by nature, but rather, by LANDSCAPING EQUIPMENT!

Florida is the state-equivalent of plastic surgery. Wanna see some fake stuff??? Go to Florida!
it used to amaze me how many lakes there were. After living here, I realized they were all development made lakes. lol Yep, fake lakes, just like everything else. I have said that Disney World isn't just in Orlando.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:13 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,595 times
I can't believe this thread was restarted again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida