Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 03:08 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times

Advertisements

i totally understand. if you cant afford it, then i totally understand that you need a place with a lower cost of living. and , again, you are right crime is everywhere, no matter where you live. i was just making a point about a person who says they are leaving place X b/c the crime is getting hi, but then they move to place y because they say it is safer... when in all reality it may not be. that's all i'm saying. if one cannot afford to live in a place any longer, and all other things remain equal (constant) then you dont have to justify that for sure!!! if it's too expensive, it's too expensive. that's all there is to it!!!

Old 06-07-2006, 03:11 PM

Default also,

fla "nets" about 900 ppl per day moving into the state. that means if 1000 ppl move in, then 100 are leaving. so really there arent more ppl "leaving than staying."

Old 06-07-2006, 03:24 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla
hurricanes arent supposed to be much of a factor for most of fla anymore (as it is moving north and the coast of nc and upward/more northern states are supposed to get the majority now).
are you serious? I had to read this a few times to make sure it says what I think it says. you think there is a "trend" that Florida is going to get fewer hurricanes than before? That they are all going to hit farther north - this is what you're claiming?

Wow. Last time I checked, nobody (even meteorologists and climatologists) had ANY idea where hurricanes were going to hit.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:39 PM

Default yes,

fla is SUPPOSED to get less of the hurricanes from now on... i saw a chart of the east coast a little while back, where it has like all the states on the eastcoast that are highlighted in certain colors.

Ex: say areas that are shaded in yellow are low chance of getting hit, and blue is a medium chance of getting hit by a hurricance, and then say red is the most likely to get hit. from about nc coast and upward are in the medium to high areas all the way up to the northeast, and fla had mostly a small chance except for the southeast coast of fla... unfortunately they still had a high chance of getting hit by a hurricane.

i'll try to find an article about it... let's just hope they are right and fla gets less hurricanes!!! i feel bad for the other states though... they are probably less prepared than fla (imo).

Old 06-07-2006, 03:43 PM

correction: fla had some medium areas too. but it is better than what it has been. over the last couple yrs, there have been lots of hurricanes to hit fla. but before that, fla was not really affected by them too badly. all of a sudden, fla just started getting all these major hurricanes... it stinks. hopefully we will get less and less...

Old 06-07-2006, 04:09 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,911 times
OK, I understand you saw a map of predictions -
but that's like seeing that Sports Illustrated predicts the New York Jets to win their division, and then saying, "well, since the jets are supposed to win the division this year.."

Old 06-07-2006, 04:50 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,503,087 times
High cost of living? Florida? Sure, home prices are at an all time high. There are places with lower property costs -- Missouri, West Virginia, etc.

But, I moved here from Taxachusetts...wait, that's not fair, it's really Massataxes...you want to talk about high cost of living? Salaries may be higher up north, but you need every penny of it to pay for heat, Winter clothes, snow removal, etc. etc. etc., plus the much, much higher costs of maintaining a property and paying taxes in the Northeast. Even Tennessee and Kentucky get COLD in the Winter.

I have several friends who feel they can't leave the profit in their houses. They're selling out, taking their profit and moving to lower cost properties up North. It's been going on for the past two years as property values have risen in Florida. Some of them are already coming back with their tails between their legs.

FOR EVERY COMPLAINT YOU CAN FIGURE OUT ABOUT FLORIDA, I CAN MATCH IT AND BEAT IT WITH FACTS ABOUT OTHER AREAS.

Like someone said earlier, like, duh...the grass is never greener.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:27 PM

6 posts, read 23,285 times
Florida has the worst education as well as high taxes, insurance and high crime. The Cocane problem is out of control and it is now in the elementry schools. The weather conditions are getting worse as is the rate of electric. I own a home in Fla, N.C and just bought 22 acers of land with a 4 bedroom 2 bath farm house in Kentucky for 50,000 dollars. N.C is also flooded with Fla people which raised property.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:37 PM

598 posts, read 2,268,283 times
more hurricanes? less hurricanes? whatever. the predictions are meaningless, because reguardless of them, it only takes ONE.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:04 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdmedic39
Florida has the worst education as well as high taxes, insurance and high crime. The Cocane problem is out of control and it is now in the elementry schools. The weather conditions are getting worse as is the rate of electric. I own a home in Fla, N.C and just bought 22 acers of land with a 4 bedroom 2 bath farm house in Kentucky for 50,000 dollars. N.C is also flooded with Fla people which raised property.
Sounds like you have found what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida