Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:54 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,477,661 times

Advertisements

We also live in a swing state.

I turned on the filters a long time ago. There are better things to get annoyed about than people trying to sway your vote.

If you chose to vote, fine. Stand behind who you voted.

If you chose not to vote, fine. Keep your mouth shut for the next 4 years.

I find it funny that people complain that they feel forced to vote. We live in such an unappreciative & lazy society.

If you don't want to feel pressured, just say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 05:01 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,506,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Shameful.
Citizens have two obligations to their country. Jury duty and voting. Pretty simple things to do.
If I was meant to vote, I'd have better candidates. None of them are going to act in MY best interests though--so none of them are worthy of my vote.

The only person I could see myself voting for is...ME. But then, I don't WANT power over other people.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
We also live in a swing state.

I turned on the filters a long time ago. There are better things to get annoyed about than people trying to sway your vote.

If you chose to vote, fine. Stand behind who you voted.

If you chose not to vote, fine. Keep your mouth shut for the next 4 years.

I find it funny that people complain that they feel forced to vote. We live in such an unappreciative & lazy society.

If you don't want to feel pressured, just say so.
You mean you can't say, "Hey, *I* didn't vote for the guy!" See, that's why I don't vote. Then, no matter who wins, I can say, "Hey, *I* didn't vote for the guy!"

Old 10-15-2008, 05:57 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If I was meant to vote, I'd have better candidates. None of them are going to act in MY best interests though--so none of them are worthy of my vote.
That's the cowards excuse.

You are voting on the Constitutional issues aren't you? Those are simply yes or no votes, but they affect your taxes.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:04 AM

I don't care too much for money. Money can't buy me love.

I'm not voting. I don't feel constrained by the government, and I don't support government as a system. Too independent like that.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:11 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,854,418 times
Quote:
I don't care too much for money. Money can't buy me love.

I'm not voting. I don't feel constrained by the government, and I don't support government as a system. Too independent like that.
by not voting you might be encouraging bigger government and goverment having even more power over you! you need to be thinking ahead if you don't want your government to have more power.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:33 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,888,052 times
Most people do not appreciate coercive treatment. But if you live in a swing state during a major election, like it or not it does become your problem.
I am registered an Independent and have received no phone calls as yet.
Regardless, I consider voting an occasional opportunity rather than a tiresome duty.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,477,661 times
Quote:
You mean you can't say, "Hey, *I* didn't vote for the guy!" See, that's why I don't vote. Then, no matter who wins, I can say, "Hey, *I* didn't vote for the guy!"
No, I said be able to stand behind who you voted for & know why you voted for this person.

If you don't vote, you have no right to even discuss the presidents b/c you did nothing.

If you don't care for the government, there's an open door to leave the country. We have too many ungrateful & lazy people here anyway.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:26 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,474,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
I have a lot of friends, family, former co-workers etc., from out of state that are emailing me and calling me telling me to vote because FL is a battleground state.

I'm not looking to turn this into a candidate debate, I just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and how they felt about it.

I find it completely freakin' annoying.

I'd take each one aside....like in confidence....scratch my head and ask "Why do people think I need to be told to vote? I sure wish they'd leave me alone."

Each one would get the hint.

I finally had to ask my friends to quit e-mailing me the stupid politcal jokes.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
No, I said be able to stand behind who you voted for & know why you voted for this person.

If you don't vote, you have no right to even discuss the presidents b/c you did nothing.

If you don't care for the government, there's an open door to leave the country. We have too many ungrateful & lazy people here anyway.
Sorry. This is the country I was born in--I'm not leaving. Wherever you are born, you should REMAIN. Not move from city to city, state to state. And definitely NOT out of your own country.

I love my country--it's the government I can't stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida