Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2006, 12:44 PM

15 posts, read 78,261 times

Advertisements

How is Spring Hill. I have been checking out realtor.com to get a feel for the home prices and it seems really cheap when coming from New Jersey. Is it very country? What's the job situation there? Crime rate? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Sharon2329
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 07:42 AM

3 posts, read 11,083 times
Default Reply on Spring Hill

I live in Spring Hill and no it is not country.. Brooksville has areas with land and farms. It is 30-45 min north of Tampa so you are close to a larger area. Homes are more reasonable than Tampa.. Most people are from NJ or NY and have relocated to Spring Hill..You do have to drive to Tampa or New Port Richey for a mall again 30- 45 minutes..there is Target, 3 wallmarts, Ross, Bealls(a fl Dept store), Sams, Sears, Soon to be a JC penney, Marshalls, Panera Bread..Ect..We are growing..but the slow down in the Realestate Market should slow the pace.. If you want the Jobs Tampa has to offer (your even close to Orlando 1 hr from disney)but less traffic and more affordable housing. Spring Hill is great.. You also have the Gulf of Mexico, and the weeki Wachee River if you enjoy the water..My family is Happy in Spring Hill...and I was born in NJ

Old 01-02-2007, 04:43 PM

236 posts, read 900,690 times
Default Spring Hill

I live in Spring Hill and came here from central Jersey 4 years ago! If you have kids I would seriously look for someplace else. I have children, 16, 18 and there really isnt that much for them to do. This is mainly a retirement town! You see alot of grey hair in the stores! And watch out for the driving! You will see an accident at least once a day and unfortunately most involve a senior.
As far as employment... unless you work in the medical field, get ready for some really low salaries. Working in SPring Hill will mostly pay you 8 to 10 an hour. Of course, tampa will get you the higher salaries but you have at least a 40 minute ride. Orlando is 76 miles away, and I dont know too many people that would want that commute. Spring Hill is a nice place, dont get me wrong..safe, clean and your amenities are usually very close. The mall in Port Richey doesnt have much to offer so you have to go to tampa at least 45 minutes away. In my opinion, medical care is sub standard. Our doctors office just closed for the holidays leaving just a tape at their office. I had surely never had that happen in Jersey!

Old 01-02-2007, 08:46 PM

3 posts, read 9,259 times
I agree with you 100%. There is nothing to do in Spring Hill, Fl or any surrounding areas like New Port Richey, Port Richey, Hudson etc. If you don't mind quiet life then it's OK. Yes, comparing to NJ prices are much lower, BUT....only if you have a very good job, such as a medical field so you can afford high taxes and nortgage. But if you make $10-13/hr, then forget it. It's OK to visit this area once, but to live here, I would think twice, unless like I said if you do not mind quiet life and endless summer.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:54 AM

125 posts, read 505,000 times
I live on the other side of SpringHill off of County Line Rd. Springhill is not a bad area. It is building up. Having kids doesn't matter its what you make of it. There is plenty for them to do. You just have to drive them every where. We do not have public transportation like up north. The taxes and home owners insurance is alot cheaper than pasco side. If I can help in any way feel free to PM me. It is not country. However there are subd. that can make you feel like you are in the country with land.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:41 AM

74 posts, read 347,157 times
Default Sinkholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin View Post
If you decide to move to SPring Hill and need a rental I have a place in SPring Hill but the community does not except children under 16.
Nancy
I was considering a move to Spring Hill until I read that it is more suceptible Sink Holes than anywhere else. Hurricanes is enough to be concrned about without worrying about the house sinking and then dealing with the insurance co.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:27 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,097,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetGI View Post
I was considering a move to Spring Hill until I read that it is more suceptible Sink Holes than anywhere else. Hurricanes is enough to be concrned about without worrying about the house sinking and then dealing with the insurance co.
well about 2 years ago there were lots of sink holes swallowing up homes hence became the name "sinkhill" insteady of Springhill but sinkholes can happen anywhere in this state. it just happened to be so many at one time in Springhill that made it such a big issue. My husband grew up in Springhill and his parents still live there. It's growing very rapidly. I personally wouldn't want to live there with my daughter but then again where else can you go and have 3 Super Walmarts all within 10 miles of each other. I think the homes there have finally settled down in price as the rest of the state. I live in Citrus County which is about 35 minutes north of springhill region and i like it out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida