Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 11:56 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,185,254 times

Advertisements

i saw that you put up a lot of the "worst of florida" pictures and such. hey look, sometimes, it's funny, but i really think the time and effort you put into that was a little bit much. ANYONE, in whatever state they live, can find some pics and dirty little facts about their state.

putting up pics of a couple trailers, or talking like, "der, i think disney woyld maye closed this thersdee" is kinda funny at times, but that talk is not very common here. so if you want to move back to wherever you moved from, please do. if you can no longer afford it here, or dont like the diversity, or whatever the case may be, you can fix it.

one last thing, i have been to many cities, and NO WAY is orlando the angriest city in the country. there is no way. but, if you want to joke about trailers and white trash here in fla, i would really suggest looking to move to nc/sc/tn. pretty places, but if you really want to stay busy, you should give them a try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 12:57 PM

11,363 posts, read 24,315,581 times
That's silly. I've lived in the south for most of my life and have recently been travelling around the lower reaches of Florida. There are probably more mobile homes per capita in central Florida than any other place I've ever seen.

A person may believe that they can wall themselves up in the "boomtown" of Orlando and deny the existence of everyone who lives in unincorporated Florida, but the country attitude is alive and well here. I just read some stats on radio station choice and country music was ranked most popular in N. central FL.

Maybe big city living isn't good for one's sense of humor?

Old 02-16-2007, 01:05 PM

232 posts, read 883,202 times
Ellie obviously you have not been to WV....if you really want to see redneck and a BUNCH of trailers you should come visit up here awhile...but then again many of the people there ARE from WV. LOL.....I should feel right at home when we move.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:13 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,025,792 times
I don't see why you are getting all worked up over this.

I happen to like BOTH threads.

The worst of Florida pics can be hilarious. My favorite has to be the one of all the signs, including a flag that you should wave, at the crosswalk. That picture still gives me a good laugh!

I ALSO like the best of Florida pics. I don't really care if a real estate agent is putting them up there, either. Generally, some of the agents on this board can sometimes be deceptive, but I really enjoy looking at the pictures.

Both threads are valuable, in my opinion. It gives a true picture of Florida, pun intended.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:48 PM

13,396 posts, read 44,879,341 times
I agree; both threads are valuable and add much to the forum.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:50 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,126,577 times
I like both the best of and the worst of pix. I haven't taken the worst of pix to be negative, but to be funny!

Old 02-16-2007, 02:01 PM

I've enjoyed both threads too. Just can't figure out why someone would deny or get all upset about how common country folk are down here. I guess that's because it's not what's expected. Maybe the vast majority of people from elsewhere have some sort of CSI Miami view of the state?

Usually people get defensive when they're feeling insecure about themselves...

Oh, Shedav, I love W. Virginia. More power to them! When I first moved to my neighborhood I jokingly named the little compound behind me "little Apalachia". Turns out the people who lived there were from W. Virginia.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:04 PM

You know what? I'm constantly amazed how many people know so little about areas beyond their own little world. Once, someone actually asked on the Tennessee forum if people there have accents, and he was from the Midwest.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:12 PM

I have a number of well-educated, bohemian friends who consciously maintain their southern accents, because it's part of who they are.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:18 PM

I don't blame them. I love southern accents!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: