Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:48 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I'm one of those who after many, many years of putting up with snow, hail and ice, feel like I'm freezing when it's below 70 degrees in Miami. I moved to South Florida because I never want to see snow or ice again.

This weekend I pulled out my ski clothes! LOLLLL...J/K

For some reason, this little chilly spell we've gotten the last couple of days has felt really good, even with the windchill.

Maybe because I was in North Carolina a couple of months ago and got to practice by having nights in the 40's. THAT was cold!

I agree. I moved here from PA about 2 yrs ago and so used to the warmth now that under 60 I am cold and soon enough will be wearing a jacket and gloves just like those I found silly 2 yrs ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 05:01 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default I have been here the same amount of time you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I agree. I moved here from PA about 2 yrs ago and so used to the warmth now that under 60 I am cold and soon enough will be wearing a jacket and gloves just like those I found silly 2 yrs ago.
I dress the same way here as I did in NY. Plus, I will turn 60 this weekend so you cannot say it affects you more when you are old.

My husband has been here for 4 years. He still walks around in short sleeves when it is in the 50s. He did that too in NY.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:17 PM

558 posts, read 1,835,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
What part of PA are you from? I'm from Lancaster County.

I thought I'd be all tough down here but I'm worse than the natives, lol.
I had a jacket on earlier and it was like 65.

I'm gonna freeze when I move back north but at least I'll have money to keep me warm.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:33 PM

436 posts, read 1,357,520 times
I find this weather to be chilly too. I am definitely not a winter weather person, and it's not that cold.lol. But I'll take this over the looong, gray winters that PA has. Once October passes, it is cold and gray until end of April....way too much winter weather for me!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:38 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,122 times
Some people in South Florida would not even be able to handle spending the winter in Northern California let alone handle the winter weather in the Northeast states.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:46 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default Tell me about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
Some people in South Florida would not even be able to handle the winter weather in Northern California let alone handle the winter weather in the Northeast states.
Before I moved here, I worked the Midnight shift in NY. I can remember many a night I was outside trying to shovel out my car in the dark when everybody else was tucked in their nice warm beds. Do you know how long it takes to heat up your car at Midnight when it is 8 degrees outside, not counting windchill?

Not even that was enough to make me want to move to Florida. I just wanted SPRING to come in NY. 49 degrees at night in Florida? ROFL

Old 11-17-2008, 05:50 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,122 times
Quote:
Not even that was enough to make me want to move to Florida. I just wanted SPRING to come in NY. 49 degrees at night in Florida? ROFL
I do not even consider 49 degrees during the day to be that cold let alone 49 degrees at night.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:42 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
It hit 25 degrees here in Nashville a few days ago...

Can't wait for the first snow Floridians are weak when it comes to cold weather. I know, I used to be one

Old 11-17-2008, 07:09 PM

33 posts, read 121,639 times
Cool Are you sure it's cold over there?

Well.......if you think it's cold in Florida now......

You should try being here in Chicago! It's very cold.....and we had snow flurries yesterday and today!

I definitely would love to have your weather right now.....LOL

Old 11-17-2008, 07:14 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,595 times
Then I guess you won't mind when we call you out for your complete lack of heat tolerance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Suck it up and LIVE WITH it for a few damned days. Your beloved tropical paradise will be back in a few days.

from a New Yorker, NOT a Floridian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida