Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 08:50 AM

17 posts, read 113,404 times

Advertisements

My family is planning to relocate to Keystone Heights from Michigan in the next few months. We are unable to really come down and look around first, and I was hoping someone may have pictures of the Keystone Heights area, town, and surrounds. Any info would be great! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 09:04 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabernathy View Post
My family is planning to relocate to Keystone Heights from Michigan in the next few months. We are unable to really come down and look around first, and I was hoping someone may have pictures of the Keystone Heights area, town, and surrounds. Any info would be great! Thanks!
If you google Keystone heights florida and click images you should get something. Keystone heights was at the top of my list till I discovered the panhandle and I have not even considered anywhere else since, but I really liked KSH.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Thanks ! I have searched google some for Keystone Heights pictures, but nothing that really shows anything. I will keep hunting Thanks!

Old 02-26-2007, 02:54 PM

11 posts, read 29,953 times
If you like lake communities, KSH is very nice. It is small, but not too terribly far from Jax (1+ mil) or Gainesville (250K).

Old 02-26-2007, 04:06 PM

I am from a small town and think that Keystone Heights is just what we are looking for. Close to work, yet small town value.

Thanks!!

Can you tell me how long it takes to drive to Jacksonville or Gainsville from Keystone Heights?

Old 02-27-2007, 10:17 AM

495 posts, read 2,328,398 times
Keystone is a nice area. Although most of the lakes are real low due to a prolonged drought. I think the schools are good and the town is friendly. It is a very conservative area with low crime.

There are a lot of areas around the town where you can get an inexpensive lot to live on. I would avoid Highridge Estates especially if you have to drive for miles down those sandy dirt roads. Land off a paved road will cost more but it is worth it on what you save on the wear and tear of your car and the quicker commute time.

There is a small shopping center on the road to Starke, a Food Lion on the road to Melrose and a new CVS drug store on the main corner. There is a Wall Mart in Starke just down the road. There are several chain resturants and some local ones like Jhonnys Bar B Q and Sabos Italian resturant.

The commute it Jax is pretty long and comming into the sw side of Jax on Blanding Blvd is a real traffic nightmare.The commute to Gainesville is about 20 to 30 minutes depending on what side of town you are going too.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:28 AM

495 posts, read 2,328,398 times
Here is a pic of a vacant lot on a lake near Keystone in the wintertime.

Here is that same lot in the summertime.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:03 PM

You guys are great. Thanks!

Anyone else have any pictures of the town of Keystone Heights?? I would really like to see the town area.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:51 PM

10 posts, read 44,830 times
mabernathy, I've lived in central florida for 17 years in another lovely small town that is better than Keystone Heights, IMO, because I am only 20 minutes from Daytona Beach and 30 minutes from Orlando, but still live in a wonderful small town that looks like the old south....this town is DeLand.

I love a small town, but I like to be close enough to shopping and things to do when I get bored with small-town life! The only problem with Keystone is that it is in the middle of nowhere and seems like absolute dullsville. And I'm saying this as a 47-year-old!

for what it's worth...

Old 03-02-2007, 05:59 PM

11,394 posts, read 24,438,947 times
I'm just wondering what you would do if it were an ugly town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida