Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2006, 08:44 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,201,097 times

Advertisements

serious question.... my wife is from south fla. she absolutely gorgeous. her mother is ver y pretty for her age... everytime i go to south fla, all of the women are very attractive. i live in nc now, and i'll be honest, there is no comparison. period. i have traveled around to many states and different areas, and i've never seen women so attractive. i have not been to so cal, so maybe i havent been everywhere to compare...

serious question... what is it about s fla that so may women are so attractive, and they are not where i live/have visited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2006, 06:36 AM

566 posts, read 2,055,574 times
You're funny...

I have heard that quite a bit...Though, like they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". But, I think S. Florida since it's so diverse, it has someone for all tastes. Women, like men, range in all sizes, colors, cultures down here. So.. "If the glove fits" well, you found your match made in heaven or might I say, "SUN". Speaking of the sun, it can be drying but I think the humidity compensates...it's not as drying as a drier climate, and it plumps up those wrinkles. Also, the beach environment makes one be more self analytical. Like, "oh..my God...summer coming up & I've got to lose those extra lbs for my swimsuit.. or for my rollerblading down S. beach or Coconut Grove". Also, the beach water has natural iodine in it..I think it disinfects skin and does away with pimples, skin disorders, infections, etc. I hear from everybody (and I'm no a spring chicken, nor a health buff) "ohh...your skin is sooo..smooth, it's perfect". I don't get it cause if anyone should have skin like sandpaper it should be me, so who knows?? Anyway, like anywhere else in the world we too have people with their extra pounds & stuff, so it depends... I do hear people in CA are more body conscience & health freaks than down here.
Anyhow, it's enlightening & sweet to hear a hubby say he finds his wife so attractive and isn't afraid to tell the world. It's really nice to hear, indeed.

Last edited by lulu; 06-14-2006 at 07:11 AM..

Old 06-14-2006, 11:10 AM

Default just speaking the truth lulu!!

yes, my wife is gorgeous... we have had ppl here in nc say things like "where are you all from?" or "you arent from around here are you???" when i ask why do you ask/how can you tell... they always talk about the way we look and how we talk different. we just talk normal --- no accents or "****ree slang." but the appearance thing has cought me off guard before --- cause in s fla we just looked like eveeyone else. who knows? the attractive thing ppl mention is b/c of my wife... i'm just a regular guy.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:20 AM

566 posts, read 2,055,574 times
Might be incomprehensible to some, but a vast majority of people from all over the world love S. FL because every body fits in - doesn't matter what you look like, what accent you have, what religion one is, fat or skinny or whatever...everybody fits just dandy. You know I was walking the other day w/my husband thru a mall around my house & I swear...I heard Portuguese, Italian, French, Spanish from different regions, German, English (from England), Chinese. Even mixed couples, same sex couples are accepted, nobody cares. Around where I live, it's the same way & it's funny how it works out...everybody loves each other & with the last two hurricanes everybody was out & about helping one another, like nothing - it was like we were all one. It was amazing of what S. FL has become. So, yes I'm sure you'll fit just fine, don't worry.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:09 PM

56 posts, read 324,088 times
Smile I'm hearing you...

I grew up in South Florida and I'm currently in North Carolina (not liking it because many people can't get past the Civil War). Hmmm...where do I start.
This is what I do ~ I tell friends to go onto Match.com's website and check out women (and MEN too) in 3 different zip codes - 1st one from South Florida like 33065 and then one from somewhere up North - Rochester, NY 14623 (near Canada) I lived there too, and the 3rd one is 27410 in Greensboro NC. Keep the age groups the same for consistancy.
Just look and see what you get! No real explanation to your answer - but the photos speak a million words! Just kinda funny! Different areas see beauty in different ways. To each his own.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:46 PM

you are kidding ... ppl in nc cant get passed the whole civil war thing??? that was a joke --- i am from s fla too, and i am living in nc right now... coming back to fla soon...
i am in the asheville area, and you???

from fl to nc and then back to orlando fl area... are you following me??? ha ha ha just kidding...

ps- it's funny that some of the same things you say about nc i have said as well. you think ppl in nc can get passed the whole civil war thing... well i live in the western part of the state --- so you can imagine what i see. i take it you are in greensboro???

Last edited by Marka; 06-17-2006 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: merged

Old 06-16-2006, 08:04 AM

56 posts, read 324,088 times
Ashville is definitely NOT Greesnboro. I have a friend that I've know since high school that lives in Asheville - super nice area.
Greensboro is different - Big Time!!!

Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 AM

Default that's funny.

cause if i was going to stay in nc i'd rather lives in greensboro or charlotte, or raleigh

if you think this civil war is still an issue in greensboro, you should check out the western part of the state!!!

Old 06-17-2006, 07:44 PM

207 posts, read 938,685 times
Default Sofla beauty

The reason so many beautiful women in Sofla is simple: Money. There are lots of rich men in sofla and that attracts beautiful women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: