Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 07:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

I read many posts from different states but I must say that it seems that the posts from Florida have by far the most anger expressed. Is there a lot of frustration down there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 07:31 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,029,725 times
Once the rats get overcrowded..well you know how that goes. Florida is a very stressful place to live, much more so than other states I've been in. Lot's of people, crime, crowds, bad economy, very transient-no roots, and driving around in Florida is stressful in it's own right. Add all this together and you get stressed, frustrated and angry people.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:00 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Once the rats get overcrowded..well you know how that goes. Florida is a very stressful place to live, much more so than other states I've been in. Lot's of people, crime, crowds, bad economy, very transient-no roots, and driving around in Florida is stressful in it's own right. Add all this together and you get stressed, frustrated and angry people.
I agree.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:25 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,926,587 times
Not the people I hang with...

Old 12-15-2008, 09:49 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
Hmmm... I don't know. Most people that I run into seem to be really nice. I don't have anything to compare it to since I was born in Florida and have lived here my whole life. When I've gone on vacation up north people don't seem any different. One thing I do notice is that most people seem to be more laid back and not really in a rush to do anything.

Funny you mention that because I was in Sarasota a week or so ago walking along the bay with my daughter at Marina Jack's and everyone we passed said hello. She even commented about how friendly everyone seemed.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,108 times
many people move to florida to escape a past life, to start over and believe that florida will be paradise like it may have been on a past vacation....when they get here to live most dont find their pipedream paradise life and all sorts of things happen to people, many leave within a few years and a fresh group of eager wide eyed transients give it a shot...everyone is from someplace else looking for a new, better life. this coupled with all the elderly and different ethinic groups trying to live together make it a very very different if not bizarre place to live....of course one can find their niche and have a wonderful life, just like in anyplace else

Old 12-15-2008, 10:15 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBob View Post
Not the people I hang with...
Ditto.
I feel fortunate, though.
Two years ago we were going through the joblessness and stress that others are going through now.
And I don't think Florida is out of the woods yet.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:24 AM

1,380 posts, read 5,926,587 times
One thing to realize is that Florida is a large state with diverse cultures. While people in one area are concerned about crime and traffic, in another are we're talking about how well the HS football team did this year.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:28 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Where in FL are you located? There are some issues with the economy but I just don't see the frustrated angry people you describe.

I live in a community where people banded together and raised over $250K for prosthetics to help a boy who had to have all of his hands/feet amputated after a life threatening illness.

Does that sound like frustrated angry people to you? It sounds generous and compassionate to me.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:08 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Here is a link to Michael's Story. He is a friend of my youngest son. I fell blessed to live in this community.

cbs4.com - Miles For Mikey Puts Brave Child In Prosthetics (http://cbs4.com/local/Mikey.Stolzenberg.cbs4.2.881675.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida