Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:37 PM

8,488 posts, read 20,548,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuujjj View Post
Florida is #5 in the country for violent crime,WRONG # 3 for violent crime against children,WRONG 57.4% of high school graduation,WRONG one of the highest states for unemployment last heard 11.6%,Things are tough all over one of the highest states for auto insurance,WRONG is a right to work state Eliminated the untrue part, humidity is so high you feel like you have just stepped out of the shower before drying all the time,Florida's weather has been the same for hundreds of years, if you don't like warm weather don't move here women's clothing choices are hoochy mamma,Moronic come to USA state or Florida to visit another country Spanish seems to be the primary language, etc.If this was a thread about diversity the post would be exclaiming how great it was to be able to hear so many different languages in this city or that city I detest living in Florida and can hardly wait to get the hell out of here. I moved here for a job that got outsourced to India not because I wanted to live here.
I glad you only have 2 posts and that you just cut and pasted the first one into this thread.
It enabled me to just cut and paste my response to your first one.

Last edited by doggiebus; 11-01-2010 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: Please don't use red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 12:22 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,832,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick of the winter View Post
Who moves to Florida not knowing it's hot/humid..I thought that was one of the attractions
You forgot to mention the bugs. I have to chuckle when people move here and then cry "I can't believe Florida has so many bugs!"

It's a swamp!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:04 PM

5 posts, read 20,856 times
I've lived in FL 35 years. The orlando area isn't bad, but it's not great either. You will have to deal with constant tourists and bad traffic. The drive to the beach is 2 hours- but the Vero beach area ( east of Orlando) is beautiful with the exception of the brown sand ( shells), but the water is blue and really pretty. There are so many flat highways here with nothing but pine trees. Driving any distance in FL is no fun at all. It's HOT- today it's 85*, and unless your at the beach, that's no fun ( at least not to me). The heat makes running errands miserable and you don't want to get outside and exercise b/c it's too hot most days. There are a lot of large, flat, tree-less parking lots here- everywhere you go, your car will be parked on pavement with the sun beating down on it, making it an oven everytime you get inside- even in December.
Our springs are beautiful, but that's really the only season here that I can brag about.
But summer storms are awesome (if you like storms)! I know if I ever moved, I would really miss our summer thunderstorms.

There is also a large amount of wildlife here ( snakes ). I don't garden because of it. I'm about 100 miles North of Orlando and we get water moccasins, rattlesnakes, and coral snakes. I see at least one snake every week (throughout the year) on my front porch and we are in the suburbs.
If you move here, you either need to live waterfront or invest in a pool. If you invest in a pool, make sure you get it covered, it's not uncommon to find water moccasins in the filters.

Last edited by aliwebb; 11-01-2010 at 03:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida