Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 06:17 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times

Advertisements

It's been gorgeous here, too.
Cool nights, great sleeping weather, windows wide open 24 hours.
Early morning fog or mist, then it burns off sometime between 8 and 10, bright sunshine and low 70's.
Delightful breeze, haven't had to turn on the AC.
We spent yesterday afternoon at the beach.
I think we might get rain tomorrow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 07:35 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,433 times
80+ degrees,sounds like a nice problem to have.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 AM

8,945 posts, read 20,370,228 times
Yes, isn't it so wierd that some people who live in a nice warm non-winter (Florida) would rather be shoveling, scraping, freezing, driving in that "white slick cold stuff", while others would rather be (or are envious of) in the warm non-winter Florida area where they won't freeze their "tuchies" off OR have to shovel thru inches-to-feet of snow OR drive/slide off into a ditch full of snow! Snow can be nice to live in, wife and I have had our share of living in snow, and it is cool having snow for Christmas and/or watching the kids play in the stuff or skiing in it (if your a skier), BUT when the "fun" ends and the winter snow/ice becomes WORK and PAIN to joints/muscles that is when numerous people say "enough is enough"......like us!
We are moving to Florida next month. We loved it when we were there earlier this month and the temp was 78 degrees and sunny!

Old 12-28-2008, 09:19 AM

727 posts, read 1,836,764 times
We had the AC on lastnight too. It gets so old. You guys can complain about the inters, but atleast it gets warm up north. You get both. We just get hot all the time. And it does get old, trust me.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:38 AM

227 posts, read 856,308 times
Being in NE FL, Palm Coast area is the best in winter. It gets cool to cold for awhile and then it warms up for a few days. Beautiful weather we're having along the east coast.

Went to Princess Place Park yesterday, mid to high 70's, walked among the beautiful oak trees, watched all the equestrians taking a ride on their horses and along with friends we sat next to the water all afternoon soaking up some Vit D along with a few drinks all afternoon. Formerly from So FL and would never ever go back.

NE FL is where to be. Love it!

Old 12-28-2008, 10:44 AM

122 posts, read 168,656 times
Count me as a person who has seen both worlds - cold climates and warm ones - and WANTS it to be 75+ degrees during the day all year round. I'm spending my winter break in Florida and was THRILLED that it was 80 degrees on Christmas day. And I am annoyed to no small extent with people who move to this state and consistently gripe about how much better the weather in State X was. State X had less humidity! State X had snow on Christmas! State X had all four seasons!

Which brings out the obvious question - so precisely why aren't you living in State X anymore? Has State X erected a blockade around its barriers? If you're in Florida, deal with it. I'm in Pennsylvania for graduate school. I hate the weather there with a passion, but you will never see me on the Pennsylvania forum bashing the horrendous climate of that state. Instead, I simply spend all of my breaks/vacations outside of that state, and I'm moving back to Florida when I graduate. I'm not an idiot, and I knew that Pennsylvania had horrible weather before I accepted an offer to go to grad school there. That's why I never had any intention of living in the state after graduation. Rather simple, isn't it?

And besides, people who enjoy cool to cold weather in fall and winter have their choice of, oh, about 48 out of the 50 states. Even parts of Georgia and Alabama get downright cold in the winter by my standards! Those of us who prefer to live in warm to hot weather year round are more or less confined to Florida, Hawaii, and certain parts of Texas, Arizona, and California. You guys have plenty of choices, and we don't. If you would prefer to not have 80 degree temperatures in winter then, by all means, take your pick of Interstate 10, Interstate 75, or Interstate 95. The last time that I checked, all 3 of them not only lead people to Florida, but take them away from here as well!

Old 12-28-2008, 10:59 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default When you don't move to Florida because of WEATHER,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Yes, isn't it so wierd that some people who live in a nice warm non-winter (Florida) would rather be shoveling, scraping, freezing, driving in that "white slick cold stuff", while others would rather be (or are envious of) in the warm non-winter Florida area where they won't freeze their "tuchies" off OR have to shovel thru inches-to-feet of snow OR drive/slide off into a ditch full of snow! Snow can be nice to live in, wife and I have had our share of living in snow, and it is cool having snow for Christmas and/or watching the kids play in the stuff or skiing in it (if your a skier), BUT when the "fun" ends and the winter snow/ice becomes WORK and PAIN to joints/muscles that is when numerous people say "enough is enough"......like us!
We are moving to Florida next month. We loved it when we were there earlier this month and the temp was 78 degrees and sunny!
that is exactly how you feel. You also fail to see the major difference in weather between North Florida and South Florida. It is SUBTROPICAL in South Florida. That is probably like living somewhere in Africa. You want to live in Africa, be my guest.

I had my share of shoveling now and ice storms. I lived through them because I knew it would END in a few months. The brutal heat and humidity NEVER ends in South Florida. Your wardrobe never changes either. I don't like walking around half naked all the time. 3 months of shorts was enough for me. I want my cords, sweaters, and heavy jackets. The day I leave here I am going to BURN every single pair of shorts and capris I own. That is how sick I am of them.

I don't want to hear your sob stories of how you are freezing in Northern weather while I am "enjoying" the Florida sun. I am not a native. I have been there, done that too. Florida summer sunshine may be YOUR idea of paradise, but it isn't mine. THIS is my hell.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:08 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,493 times
Closer to 70 than 60 here in NYC today too . . . and after 12 degrees last week!

We've had a couple years recently where it was in the upper 60s near New Year's Eve, although this year it's supposed to be back in the 40s by Wednesday.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:09 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I don't like walking around half naked all the time.
Come on--live a little. You'd never hear me complaining about you walking around half naked all the time.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:41 PM

8,945 posts, read 20,370,228 times
Very excellent points!! Unfortunatly, some people just won't listen!! Understandably, some folks can't leave the area they live in due to health, family, job, selling a house......so, they have to tolerate (and don't like that either) the weather that is there. We are LUCKY, we have nothing stopping us from moving from an area that we really don't like (Charlotte), to a new area that looks very appealing to us (Jacksonville/Southside).

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.g.harpool View Post
Count me as a person who has seen both worlds - cold climates and warm ones - and WANTS it to be 75+ degrees during the day all year round. I'm spending my winter break in Florida and was THRILLED that it was 80 degrees on Christmas day. And I am annoyed to no small extent with people who move to this state and consistently gripe about how much better the weather in State X was. State X had less humidity! State X had snow on Christmas! State X had all four seasons!

Which brings out the obvious question - so precisely why aren't you living in State X anymore? Has State X erected a blockade around its barriers? If you're in Florida, deal with it. I'm in Pennsylvania for graduate school. I hate the weather there with a passion, but you will never see me on the Pennsylvania forum bashing the horrendous climate of that state. Instead, I simply spend all of my breaks/vacations outside of that state, and I'm moving back to Florida when I graduate. I'm not an idiot, and I knew that Pennsylvania had horrible weather before I accepted an offer to go to grad school there. That's why I never had any intention of living in the state after graduation. Rather simple, isn't it?

And besides, people who enjoy cool to cold weather in fall and winter have their choice of, oh, about 48 out of the 50 states. Even parts of Georgia and Alabama get downright cold in the winter by my standards! Those of us who prefer to live in warm to hot weather year round are more or less confined to Florida, Hawaii, and certain parts of Texas, Arizona, and California. You guys have plenty of choices, and we don't. If you would prefer to not have 80 degree temperatures in winter then, by all means, take your pick of Interstate 10, Interstate 75, or Interstate 95. The last time that I checked, all 3 of them not only lead people to Florida, but take them away from here as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida