Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:04 PM

72 posts, read 161,109 times

Advertisements

No, I said I dont know people that like to feel uncomfortably hot or cold. Sure once in a while it's nice, but too feel extreme temps, whether it be cold or oppressive FL heat and humidity, I dont think people enjoy it all the time. Atleast I dont know anyone who does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 03:05 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,544,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Web B. Rowser View Post
"I'm just South of Charlotte in SC, yesterday morning? 20 degrees. If I wanted to live in that kind of cold I'd move back home to Ohio."

OK, but wait until you move to SW FL and it hits atleast 89 degrees with over 80% humidity 235 days in a row... think I'm kidding?

You'll wish you could feel 20 degrees again.
Please take the time to read where I am posting from, and tell me again that I don't know about 80% humidity and fierce heat. I love tropical weather, I thrive in it. SC is too COLD for me.

The weather complaints of Florida, just truly zip by my head. I'm already almost in that climate, except it did and does get cold here sometimes in the winter. The 20 degrees was way below normal. However we have a good 6-7 months of hot summer heat, this is after all South Carolina. Try the low country, then tell me about the humidity in Florida.

All the complaining about warmth and sunshine, falls on deaf ears to most people who grew up where it WAS winter 9 months of the year. Who only lived somewhere that got 60 sunny days for the entire year. You're sick of summer for 9 months? well why is it not understandable that some are sick of winter 9 months and constant cloudy?

Old 01-03-2009, 03:13 PM

195 posts, read 741,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I came from NY for the week to visit my parents for the Holidays. Ugh! It's way too hot down here. We went to an art festival and I was sweating bullets, and this was only at like 11am. Whoever says it isn't humid is just BSing lol. It's the humidity that makes me sweat usually. I'll take 40 degrees in NY over mid 80s in December. I told my mom I'm actually looking forward to going back to NY and not sweating lol.
We just had a below zero temperature during the New Year's Eve; I hope you did not miss that one....
Enjoy the temperature down there while you still can!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 03:45 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Y.Traveler View Post
We just had a below zero temperature during the New Year's Eve; I hope you did not miss that one....
Enjoy the temperature down there while you still can!!!

It was actually too hot for most of my trip. 70 degrees would have been perfect, but not in south Florida. I came back on New Years Eve, so I did get to experience the below 0 wind chills.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:08 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
from late last week through early this upcoming week, temps have been hovering right at and even up to 85 in some parts of FL. Why cant we just have some of that "cool" weather (like we had a few weeks ago) around the holidays?
I hear ya. Where did it go????

Old 01-03-2009, 04:37 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
Default I am taking down my Christmas decorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I hear ya. Where did it go????
and sweating. I have all the windows and doors open. There is no breeze whatsoever, even though I live on a golf course. Not a leaf on any tree is moving. There is not one ripple in the lake.

Reminder to self. Go to NEW YORK for Christmas next year.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
Please take the time to read where I am posting from, and tell me again that I don't know about 80% humidity and fierce heat. I love tropical weather, I thrive in it. SC is too COLD for me.

The weather complaints of Florida, just truly zip by my head. I'm already almost in that climate, except it did and does get cold here sometimes in the winter. The 20 degrees was way below normal. However we have a good 6-7 months of hot summer heat, this is after all South Carolina. Try the low country, then tell me about the humidity in Florida.

All the complaining about warmth and sunshine, falls on deaf ears to most people who grew up where it WAS winter 9 months of the year. Who only lived somewhere that got 60 sunny days for the entire year. You're sick of summer for 9 months? well why is it not understandable that some are sick of winter 9 months and constant cloudy?
Where are you Fort Mill, SC? Rock Hill? Which part of SC, obviously close to Charlotte. You may know about heat and humidity, I know that area very well. But believe me, it aint like FL heat and humidity. So you are not in the same type of climate. By low country, so you mean Columbia or that area? Yes, it gets hot. It feels a little bit hotter in FL though. Plus, it actually cools down in that area, whereas in FL there is very little change. Have you ever lived in FL to be able to compare?

As far as 9 months of cold vs 9 months of summer. You are going from one extrmeme to the other. So many people come down here b/c they are tired of the cold only to come down here and be miserable in the heat and humidity. Doesn't make sense. The most obvious thing to do is to NOT go from one extreme to another, but to get a bit of both. But that makes too much sense I guess, lol.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:41 PM

268 posts, read 899,849 times
Eat your heart out America!

The last 30 days, every day mild 73 degrees/very low humidity with nights a cool but nice 65', again very low humidity.... all the waytill April 1st, then back to HOT, humid and sweaty FLORIDA!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:25 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,286 times
Sorry you guys missed out on all the fun in December, we had our second white christmas in a row this year in Iowa. That usually only happens every 5 years or so. We had a fine visit from old Jack Frost, he gave us some rain that turned into a few inches of sleet (heavy, must loosen with ice blade before shoveling) then topped us off with some snow. No one seemed to be getting around too well that day, but since I had put tire chains on my Ranger the day before, it didn't bother me a bit. We have hills in my neighborhood, and I really enjoyed a nice after-storm drive to the store for some ice melt. After a partial melt down the day after christmas, we had some beautiful freezing rain and snow to give a fresh glaze to the piles. Then somewhere in there it dipped down to -5 with a nice 40 MPH breeze out of the northwest, and stayed that way for a few days. Really very beautiful to see the tree branches coated with all that ice, and your car. Just have to tap on the edge of the storm door with a hammer to get it open and go outside to take it all in. A couple days ago on new years eve day it was sunny and 15, but no wind. So I put on my stocking hat, gloves and heavy coat and took a nice 2 mile walk to Perkins and back to get some muffins, and a new calendar and bottle of booze for new years eve from wallgreens. It was really not a bad walk, getting used to it. Got up near 30 yesterday, felt a little warm.

I kind of feel sorry for you guys down there, so I want to help you out, I will swap my 2BR home here in beautiful Des Moines for a couple weeks for your similar home in Florida, if your near a bike trail. You get take care of my 2 cats, and I get to smoke 15 Marlboros a day in your living room...... You can make use of the shovel, ice blade and salt, and I will mow your lawn if it needs it. If my cats die under your care, then you can follow them into the grave when I get back.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:12 AM

"I kind of feel sorry for you guys down there, so I want to help you out, I will swap my 2BR home here in beautiful Des Moines for a couple weeks for your similar home in Florida, if your near a bike trail. You get take care of my 2 cats, and I get to smoke 15 Marlboros a day in your living room...... You can make use of the shovel, ice blade and salt, and I will mow your lawn if it needs it. If my cats die under your care, then you can follow them into the grave when I get back."

LOL! You are hilarious! One of the funniest posts I have read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida