Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think has the brighter future?
USF 12 27.91%
UCF 24 55.81%
Both Equal 2 4.65%
No Clue 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 PM

72 posts, read 161,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightgoose View Post
Have you actually been to USF and UCF? USF is in the middle of the ghetto w/ section 8 housing everywhere while UCF is in unincorporated orange county on the seminole county border and area actually feels like it's own college town(East Orlando/Waterford UCF) and UCF has an amazing campus. USF is basically an ugly campus in a bad part of town. Much more of a 'college atmosphere' at UCF w/ the great college bars by campus, on campus stadium, tons of amenities on campus w/ the athletic village, and downtown 10 miles away w/ more bars. Orlando is a much better option for college kids, when they get older they can move to Tampa. USF is winning the athletics arms race but they play in the Bucs stadium...nothing says college atmosphere like playing w/ a pirate ship in your endzone when you're the Bulls. UCF will be the biggest national name in the long run.

I was thinking the same thing. Although Orlando has its problems (crime, road rage, language barriers) I think Tampa is just as bad, if not worse.

But, even though UCF is close to Oviedo, that area has its share of problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 05:10 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,460,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
i heard that might be postponed, not enough money

drove by UCF today, pretty nice. seems kinda remote.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:29 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,460,647 times
With its reputation rising, USF becomes a go-to choice for high school seniors - St. Petersburg Times

USF is getting better.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:53 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,519,428 times
I found it ironic they talked about the football program in an article about rising academics when the football team is dead last for BCS conference schools.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:53 AM

910 posts, read 2,331,202 times
Sports-wise, specifically football, USF. At least USF had the gall to play with some big boys, and was ranked pretty highly until they faltered late in the season a couple years ago. USF has owned UCF as far as football is concerned. UCF wants to keep playing USF because of this "rivalry" thing UCF thinks they have with USF, but USF doesn't want any part of playing UCF anymore, seems a waste of their time because they do want to play more of the larger programs to get that national recognition, athletically.

Academics and overall growth, UCF. UCF has grown substantially, the records and enrollment show it. The campus has improved substantially with new modern student housing, new buildings, its own football stadium, a new medical school, and research partnerships with neighboring industry.

So it depends on what you look for in a school. Personally, if you want the best of both worlds, I'd try to go to UF. Go Gators!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:50 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,519,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k5i6ll1 View Post
I just moved to orlando last year and am a UCF student and I now know what being in the middle of a gang war feels like
Suspects Sought In Shooting Near UCF - Central Florida News 13.
Saw the man get shot right in front of my eyes tryin da buy da crack from the wrong person in the wrong place. I aint even kno.

I have been accustomed to robberies, shootings, muggings, etc. Sure its a great place to live but make sure to visit one of the many gun shops down Colonial Dr. for protection in such a crime ridden area. Downtown-stay clear during night. Went there once an some1 hadda disappear..dont test me. O-town stand up catch u slippen an im be grippen dat K.
You can find examples of crime near any college campus.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:03 PM

62 posts, read 252,962 times
Quote:
I just moved to orlando last year and am a UCF student and I now know what being in the middle of a gang war feels like
Saw the man get shot right in front of my eyes tryin da buy da crack from the wrong person in the wrong place. I aint even kno.

I have been accustomed to robberies, shootings, muggings, etc. Sure its a great place to live but make sure to visit one of the many gun shops down Colonial Dr. for protection in such a crime ridden area. Downtown-stay clear during night. Went there once an some1 hadda disappear..dont test me. O-town stand up catch u slippen an im be grippen dat K.

I understand you are trying to protect yourself or whatever... but ummm what the hell does a colllege student need a "k" for ? Do you even know what that is ? If you get caught slipping by the PD with that you are going to be the one who will dissapear

Old 05-14-2009, 10:29 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,890,280 times
Quote:

Good god... and I was turned down for admission to UCF.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:00 AM

910 posts, read 2,331,202 times
Quote:
i just moved to orlando last year and am a ucf student and i now know what being in the middle of a gang war feels like
suspects sought in shooting near ucf - central florida news 13.

I have been accustomed to robberies, shootings, muggings, etc. Sure its a great place to live but make sure to visit one of the many gun shops down colonial dr. For protection in such a crime ridden area. Downtown-stay clear during night. Went there once an some1 hadda disappear..dont test me. O-town stand up catch u slippen an im be grippen dat k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnryan23 View Post
good god... And i was turned down for admission to ucf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida