Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 04:23 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,882,906 times

Advertisements

Florida’s once-booming housing market, now the most troubled in the nation,

Historically, Florida has been an inexpensive place for people to move to ‘But Florida’s housing prices are now about 20 percent above the national average.
The state’s continuing population decline, coupled with the ongoing insurance and property tax crisis, presents some worrisome issues for the state’s economy. All this in just a few short years. How did Florida get in this m ess???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 04:27 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,334,200 times
Here is your New World Order cities sprouting up. I cant imgaine how some people in SoCal have faired. Rapid inflation and then economic recession or despression. A move towards a chasless system. Clinton tripled the surplus and Bush came in and had lots to spend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAEyqi07as0

Old 03-08-2007, 04:41 PM

251 posts, read 882,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Florida’s once-booming housing market, now the most troubled in the nation,

Historically, Florida has been an inexpensive place for people to move to ‘But Florida’s housing prices are now about 20 percent above the national average.
The state’s continuing population decline, coupled with the ongoing insurance and property tax crisis, presents some worrisome issues for the state’s economy. All this in just a few short years. How did Florida get in this m ess???
I have one answer for you and it includes all the inflated housing prices, outrageous homeowners insurance, and over inflated property taxes...............GREED!

Old 03-08-2007, 05:15 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,486,962 times
Greed is a good answer. My specific answer is the Save Our Homes legislation, and that was indeed brought about by greed.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:23 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,186,024 times
Default just one thing about original post

fla's population isnt declining. it would be nice in some respects.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:31 PM

398 posts, read 1,405,481 times
How the housing market works is very simple. Offer and demand. If you have too much people in need of buying or rent a house, prices go up because the people will pay anyways. If there is not enough people to buy houses or rent, prices go down to attract new people. Very simple. Now, I could be wrong, but I haven;t read that Florida's population is going down. Instead, what I see from my daily life, population is going up!

President Bush's administration has had the worst immigration situation in history. We are currently under an "undiscriminated immigration" policy. Virtually, ANYBODY, even if a terrorist can cross the border, come here swimming and HE WILL STAY HERE becuase that's the order from Washington. Why? nobody knows what's the conspiracy behind this. So of course the number one immigrants are from south and central america; and where are they going to live? where there is already hispanics of course, so they can speak only spanish, eat only hispanic foor, and listen the same hispanic music. One of those places is unfortunatelly, Florida; mostly in the south part, but the center and the north having the same tragedy.

The day we stop that invasion, private companies will stop building new miniature homes, demand will go down and prices of course will go down by itself.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:36 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,319,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineState View Post
I have one answer for you and it includes all the inflated housing prices, outrageous homeowners insurance, and over inflated property taxes...............GREED!
Yup, I think that Sunshine hit it right on the head. Housing prices haven't technically gone down. They're still much more expensive then they were 3 years ago. It's unfortunate for those who bought recently at the inflated prices, but many people made 5 times the amount they originally paid for their house if they sold it during the boom. It wasn't only government who was filled with greed, it was also citizens.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:54 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,882,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
fla's population isnt declining. it would be nice in some respects.
It might not look like it's declining but it is.
http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/...703080317/1003

Old 03-08-2007, 07:22 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,647,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
It might not look like it's declining but it is.
http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/...703080317/1003

The lower the better! There's no such thing as housing prices being too low. Unfortunately I doubt that Florida will ever be a great place to live again.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:09 PM

142 posts, read 576,693 times
Population decline..?? The city I live in was 38k people in 1988. It is now 160k and rocketing towards 400k by 2030..

How did it get in this mess? There is leomonade to be made from these lemons. But you have to be here to do it. You can't cyber it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: