Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:32 AM

111 posts, read 447,552 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

I'm from Germany and live in California. I think, about to move to Florida, but I'm not sure. I like California and Florida. I've been never to Florida. Many people told me that Florida is a nice place. California is a nice pleace too.
How is the weather in Florida, is it better than California or the same?
Could you tell me something between Florida and California? About the people, weather, place, witch city and why, etc.

I have also a couple of question.

I live with my father together and i don't have a job, Car, money etc.
How would you move to Florida? Do I have to sleep on the street? How can I get a arpartment and a job, quickly? What happens, when I don't find a job?
How would you do it? I don't have nobody, who can help me.
What can I do???

Some comments and recommendations would be nice.
Sorry, about my English, it isn't very well.

Thx Jones/S

Last edited by Jones/S; 03-09-2007 at 02:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 07:26 AM

523 posts, read 2,830,147 times
I have never been to California, But I have heard is is like Florida except the nites are colder in Ca.
You would need a job here first, as it is hard to get apartment complex to give you a lease without a job. Plenty of jobs in Florida, depending on what you do. My sister moved her in 1989 and stayed with me for awhile. She had a heck of time getting an apt to rent to her without Job. She had to end up paying 3mos rent + deposit to get one. I was glad she finally got one.
They do have some low income apts for people making 21,000 or less.
The only other option is staying at a SUburban Lodge motel and pay by week
which business men do here alote. First you need to decide where you want to move and go online and find a job. Here is good job site. FloridaCareerlink.com.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:44 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones/S View Post
Hi Guys,

I live with my father together and i don't have a job, Car, money etc.
How would you move to Florida? Do I have to sleep on the street? How can I get a arpartment and a job, quickly? What happens, when I don't find a job?
How would you do it? I don't have nobody, who can help me.
What can I do???
1- get a job
2- get a car
3- save up money

You move to Florida by driving your car there
You can sleep on the street, in a motel or a homeless shelter
You get an apartment by using the money you have saved for this purpose
Get a job using the experience you have from the one you first must get in CA

This is how you would do it. Very similar to the way you would do it in Germany or any other country in the world.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
This is how you would do it. Very similar to the way you would do it in Germany or any other country in the world.

I don't think so.
Because, in Germany is it very easy, to move to a other city. In Germany do you have to go to Job Center. Then the government will pay for you a apartment. He look for a job for you. Everything. It is very difficult to move into a other state in Usa. The government in Germany is very great.

So. any other recommendation???

Old 03-09-2007, 05:59 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Move back to Germany!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:03 PM

No.... I don't want. I wanna stay in Usa.
Don't write any more. I need helpful comments. How to do it.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:26 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Do you have a green card?

If you want to live anywhere the US and not make a lot of enemies in the process, you have to get all of your paperwork in order first. In this day and age, many Americans are pretty upset by immigration issues.

So if you want to live here, you need to become a legal resident. Sorry. None of us can just move to Germany without a huge hassle; you have to play by our rules here.

This is nothing personal against you. I just believe people here in the US are tired of other people taking advantage of the system.

If you need help with legal immigration issues, someone will probably be willing to help you get started.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:48 PM

My father is American and he is borned here and my Mum is from germany.
I have Usa paper and German paper.

Last edited by Jones/S; 03-09-2007 at 07:13 PM..

Old 03-09-2007, 07:55 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
I read your recent posts. Do you have good AutoCad or other engineering skills? If so, you will be able to find a job here in Florida.

Search the job listings in Florida before you travel. For many professional positions, you should be able to apply online. Try to find a job before you come.

When you come to Florida you should probably stay in a youth hostel. You can also find those online. Not every city has them.

Whatever you do, don't stay on the street. If you have a legitimate job interview, the company may pay for your hotel room.

Good luck.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,050 times
Oh no, I think stayin on streets is great ellie. It's like a breath of fresh air every day. I don't recommend staying in a car hereinfla, you know, carbon monoxide and all. Plus it would feel very confined, and I think the view is much better if you live on the streets. As far as a job, eeh, they are overated and take up entirely too much time. WTF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: